DREDD 2012 - Lawgiver MK2 Aluminium and printed parts

Re: DREDD 2012 - Lawgiver MK2 3D Print

Greetings,
Here are a couple pics of what I did in Solidworks based off of Andy's work. I just got some updated work from Andy yesterday and I will be working on that over the next couple days and modify my Solidworks files. I also have a couple Glock airsoft guns on the way. So, I can compare those to the real Glock CADs I have.

Enjoy!

Kenney

I agree with Bowelrock, this looks like to one to have.

However a few questions (and at the risk of seeming like an ungrateful a***hole, please believe I hope I'm not. I have no where near the skills talent to do what you do, just would like the best :))

How do you plan to secure it to the frame? The rail would make sense. if a clamp could be devised.
If you making it for a blowback glock (you would have to cut off the selector lever on a Glock 18) Will you make the slide as a seperate section to attach?

Oh any idea of price and time scale (I am impatient really)

And again not to be an a-hole, but as I'm sure a number of us have, I've been studying picture and screen caps as I did plan to try to make a metal one out of aluminium sheets. without being rude could I point out a few changes. This would depend on which model is being built as with all things there are different versions with the film. I'm looking at the firing version.

The external slide is different on both sides. It appears straight on the left. Also a gap is needed for the magazine release. Right side, it's much taller as is needed to eject the spent cases from the Glock. I've added pictures below.

@trt66

Yes.... you are being an "a---hole"!!! LOL Aren't we all? lol OK.... first..... RELAX! All this will be addressed soon. Here's the plan. First, I need to recreate the model in Solidworks. Once I get to the point Andy is at, I will then move in to modifying the CAD to correct issues that so many of you already see. These are minor at this point.... easy fixes. Once I get to that point, I will then create the cavity to fit over the Glock like a glove. Then, I will cut the CAD up into sections just like the real studio shells. Finally, add any misc details needed. Yes, this will cycle back with the blowback of the airsoft. I will also be putting in the ejector ramp deflector even though there won't be any brass to eject.

So, right at this point, I'm just waiting for the glocks to get here before I make any mods. Andy and I are well aware of your concerns..... you a---hole! Sorry dude, I couldn't resist. Its all in good fun. Plus, you opened yourself up for that. lol I truly do appreciate you pointing the stuff out, though. Believe me..... I already discussed this with Andy about bringing his model extremely close to the studio guns. Hey, you may catch something we missed so keep bringing it. There is also one other thing I pointed out to Andy and we will be correcting that and that is the length of the back end is not long enough. Just hang in there.... Andy and I are both hitting this. It's close but when its completed, you guys will be happy. Andy hey..... if you guys find something out that I missed or Andy missed..... I'm pretty sure he would want to know about it. I know I would. And.... as always.... thanks for all the kind words and I do apologize for the a---hole thing...... I just couldn't let it go brother.

Cheers,
Kenney

Hurrar, it's all good news.

And I'm offically and A hole :lol. I knew this anyway (must change my user name)

Lol, nowt wrong with constructive criticism, it always comes in handy :)

As Ken says the current model is more to establish proportions before dissecting it into a practical prop (originally I was gonna do it in sketchup but more than happy to let Ken handle the chopping up in solidworks, he'll very likely get it done in a tenth of the time it'd take me and with better results)

More updates to follow as they happen :)

Hi Andy/Kenney

Any updates for *****. I'm an impatient boy.

And any idea of the price, I need start saving and justify to the wife why I need another 'toy' gun :facepalm or just squirrel it away

Cheers

You are impatient aren't you ;) hopefully not long now til we can make some more progress, its gonna be little slow at the minute as Kenney can't make any mods til the glocks arrive to get accurate measurements from and I'm currently tied up with the latest dredd badge run.

Price-wise we won't know until its ready to print and we find out how much material will be required for each one. But watch this space I'm sure it won't be too long til the next update :)

Hi guys,
Just wanted to give an update. So, I got the airsoft stuff and I'll be working on it over the weekend. I'll make some CAD changes and post some pics soon.

FYI, at the very least (on my end of things), I will provide numbers to Andy to 3d print all the kits based on a a certain number of units. Costs will either make or break the idea of 3d printing. Since it's coming off my machine, I will be able to provide a fair number to cover my machine costs... which I think is totally fair. We can discuss me printing up a set of master patterns which molds can be pulled. All of this is still too early to set any kind of numbers but I wanted to fill you guys in on what's going on and what the next steps are. So, hang in there.

Cheers,
Kenney

Very impressive work! I can't wait to see the final product.

I've been looking for a reason to invest in a Glock and now I just might have he perfect excuse :lol

I'll be following this build with great interest.

@cfh935
One is from a company called Tokyo Marui and the other is KWA. I would like to find as accurate as possible. I would like it to be gas blow back definitely. Would be nice if the markings were correct. Do you know of something better?

Tokyo is the Mercedes of airsoft but KWA isn't anything to scoff at either. As far as gas blow backs WE is my favorite with performance and accuracy in looks to the real thing; you can't tell the difference in my WE 1911 to the real thing except for the weight

Edit: I bought this inexpensive springer that has a dead on grip. A GBBP has a lot of care and maintenance which can be difficult if the kit doesn't break down easy

4D9886CD-9A82-443A-841D-FB642E4B9BDE-2355-0000034333ED9850.jpg

Last edited:

Hi Andy/Kenney.

Merry christmas and hopefully a happy new year to come.

Any progress? I just order a HFC Glock, easiest to get in the UK

cheers

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back