Has anyone bought the Amazing Spider-Man costume?

Spider Dan

I'm talking about this kind. It looks pretty good from the picture, no foam muscles or anything, but I haven't seen any pics of anyone actually wearing it. I can only really find it online so I'd like to know how it looks in real life before ordering one. I'm thinking this along with buying separate gloves would make for a decent costume, even if its not the replica grade costume you find on these forums. I don't have the time or the money to make an accurate replica.

I'm talking about this kind. It looks pretty good from the picture, no foam muscles or anything, but I haven't seen any pics of anyone actually wearing it. I can only really find it online so I'd like to know how it looks in real life before ordering one. I'm thinking this along with buying separate gloves would make for a decent costume, even if its not the replica grade costume you find on these forums. I don't have the time or the money to make an accurate replica.

It's ****ty. Atleast get a zentai... I have one of those, but I'm also doing 2 replica suits with prints.

2vcygoy.jpg

346xppj.jpg

Is that the store bought one, or a zentai? If its store bought it doesn't look that bad to me. I'm only looking for a decent halloween costume, it doesn't have to look fantastic. do you have any close up pics of you wearing the mask?

I wouldn't go with the store bought one, it looks kind of cheap. But it actually depends on how much you'd be willing to spend.

Has anyone seen this costume? It looks like solid quality, but it's a little expensive for me.

The one BeastLusignan posted the pics is the Zentai version, not the Party City one.
That one is the "Theatrical Quality" version also available at Party City. Zooming in on it, it does appear to have some raised qualities but it seems very baggy and resembles a plastic bag. Also the sizes it comes in seem incredibly big so there would be no way to get it skintight other than sewing it tighter. For that price I bought DGP's print which is under armor and with Puff Paint looks epic. I can say that it has some pretty good lenses though and in the description the "face-shaper" makes me think of a cheap face shell. All in all my recommendation for a cheap alternative would be zentai and buying the separate Party City mask so you can have the lenses and, possibly, the face shaper. (Not sure if it's available with the separate mask) Beware, the Zentai has some flaws that BeastLusignan stated in his thread. I would recommend checking his thread out before considering purchasing it. Also, if you go with the Zentai you would probably want to buy separate gloves so they are more accurate and just put them on top of the zentai ones. Just giving some ideas on how to make a pretty accurate suit on a budget. Hope this help in some way.

Best of luck,
-Equinox

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back