rigid insulation foam... differences?

berger

Sr Member
im preparing to start working on my first real prop, leeloo dallas suspenders. ive got the dragonskin ordered, and im following a tutorial i found online which entails cutting the mold out of rigid insulation foam, but while giong online to do some research and pricing, ive found several different kinds;
Foamular F-150 2 in. x 48 in. x 8 ft. Scored Squared Edge Foam-45W at The Home Depot

and

Foamular F-250 2 in. x 48 in. x 8 ft. Scored Squared Edge Foam-30D at The Home Depot

one is marked 150, and the other is marked 250, the 250 is a dollar more, but i cant seem to find anything explaining what the difference i other than one being for indoor use and the other for outdoor, but will either of these work for what im using it for?

would one be better than the other?

ive seen blue and pink, obviously they just add a different color dye, but is there a significance behind it?

I use it for making signs and my replica tombstones. The difference between 150 and 250 is the impact resistance rating. The 250 can take 25 psi and the 150 can take 15psi.

You can special order even stronger stuff, but I just go with whatever HD has in stock.

The color only is because of the manufacturer. Pink for Owens Corning and Blue for Johns Manville.

-Eric

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back