Deadpool Costume

This is an awesome build!

As another DP in progress builder your build has been inspiration. I'm glad to see that a decent DP can be done without having to use one of those full body suits that seem to be the basis of most of them. I am also going for a little bit meaner and less cartoon version of him.

The leather mask is an awesome way to keep the facial expression. It looks epic all done up and in it's final form!

Keep up the great work! I can't wait to see what it looks like once you get the shoulder pad modifications done. Subscribed and watching eagerly.

-Cubone

Thanks! That actually made my day! I had a look at your build and It's looking awesome itself! I'm excited to see how your mask turns out too!

I am just waiting to get a chance to suit up entirely to post some new pictures. I wanted to add a little texture to my suit and I think I have achieved it...well sort of. I'm only ok with it myself and may abandon my plan.

Get ready everyone I may ask your opinions.

I have a few new photos of my mask. I added some new details. Which include stitching along the seams and new eyes. I used a see through white fabric. Once again I used my trust sharpie to colour in black around the eyes to make them smaller and a bit meaner.

8410293720_2e4781e2a8_c.jpg

8409197019_b51b6d9531.jpg

8410292486_458f15a6ab.jpg

8409196619_a92f23c3dd_z.jpg

8410291936_d6f7dea3e6_z.jpg

Now that's what I'm talking about! I'm glad to see you found some fabric as well. The new upgrades look awesome!

The stitching looks like he hand sewed it :p

-Cubone

Well I figured I should update. I have the new mask all together with the costume.
the things I have yet to incorporate are shoulder pads of some sort a belt buckle and shoulder straps. (Yes i had shoulder straps but they just didn't work out) :(

Also please have a look at the third photo. I wanted to add some texture to the costume without putting out a ton of effort. I settled on sexy panty hose :p

What does everyone think? I have it on in the previous two photos...so from affar it's not too noticable. but up close it gives it just that little extra dimension.
8421192179_ab1b4895af_b.jpg
8422286344_9f3a68cce1_z.jpg
8421196891_164f2a183b_b.jpg

Dude this looks sweet, makes me want to re-do my Deadpool build!

I really like the shading and lines you've added with sharpie, they totally give it that awesome comic book feel.

I think I'm going to sew some sort of black mesh pver the patterned shoulder to bring it closer to what is considered a normal dead pool colour scheme. Maybe also some red mesh over my fore arms. Should give it some more dimension...also I think I'm not going to go with the panty hose lol it looks good and all but I can't find a mesh shirt with a small enough neck hole...it just ends up looking like a sexy dead pool. :p

Dude this looks sweet, makes me want to re-do my Deadpool build!

I really like the shading and lines you've added with sharpie, they totally give it that awesome comic book feel.

Thanks! the sharpie idea kinda came out of necessity...and turned out pretty good. haha would be cool if I start a movement!

A friend of mine said it kind of looks like the deadpool from the new marvel lego game.

Again with the sharpie. I blacked out the shoulders to keep in line with deadpools more traditional look. I think i will leave the pattern on the forearm.

8431243644_d0abff5f99_b.jpg

8431245726_7887972bb5_b.jpg

Haha, thanks, yea It may be a cheap fix but it definitly gets the job done!

it may not be neccessary to get the shoulder braces now that those are black...but then I wanted to go big or go home. I may try to throw something together with leather, not too sure what my plan is right now.

I am on vacation next week but expect to order the last of the materials to finish this bad boy shortly after I get back, so expect some more frequent updates!

I got some new leather. I'm starting on mask version 2.0 and its coming along great! I added eye lids this time so it will look more like an actual face instead of a mask. Ill post pictures soon.

Was it really hard making the mask? And do you have templates, I'm trying to make a deadpool costume myself but have had trouble making the mask.
Thanks, Lyon :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back