Adventurecon 2012: REBOOT

OldKen

Master Member
ADVENTURECON

Hello RPFers. I am here to tell you that ADVENTURECON IS BACK! :cheers

Going back to it's roots, in what I like to think of as a reboot.

A little backstory:

First I want to say that I have been fortunate to meet a lot of members here in Knoxville TN. at our own adventurecon in the past. :)

For those that don't know, Adventurecon was started by the younger brother of a fellow RPF member around 10 years ago. And while it was started with very humble beginings. The creator of the event was able to pull together resources and use his contacts he had made at various conventions through the years etc. And it was GREAT!!! :cool

Over time it grew with more and bigger guests, guest panels, HUGE dealer sections with better and better stuff, 501st, rebel legion, and costumers and prop builders from all around! (the 501st southrn garrison guys are a blast if you have never been to an event with them)

Then as the convention changed owners... things just... started to change. It was never horrible, but some of the original flavor was lost. (local wrasslin and rollergirls weren't as a big of a hit as the new owners may have thought.) :lol

I am here to tell you that all involved want to bring back what once was! And I truly hope that enough of you make it down to spread the word!

I am truly excited. I know of several members that will definitely be there. So if you can make it, come show your support, meet some great like minded people and be prepared to have a blast! There are some other very possible guests that I can't mention till I get the go ahead... But the ones posted on the site are awesome! Wash from firefly? :cool

I just am very excited to be a part of this again, and know it's gonna be great.

Just wanted to post a heads up to anyone who wasn't aware.

Last edited:
190 views.

The convention is next Saturday and Sunday.

Really hope to meet a few new people there!

Again, this is gonna be more like it was when it started. Very 501st, or any costume group friendly!

No Hannah montanna or wrestling! Just good ol sci-fi, action, and of course... Adventure! (man I'm corny!)

Well, today started off slow but ended with a bang!

Saw 4 or 5 RPFers today! 3 I didn't previously know! :)

Alan Tudyk, Jon Bernthal, Chris Sarandon and ALL the rest of the guest celebrities are all such genuinely cool people.

Alan is just 24/7 hilarious. He is truly just polite, humble, and... Just a normal guy.

Jon Bernthal... Didn't eat today... He signed from 10-5... With only one or two breaks. He took time with the fans and was just great.

Just got back from hangin with Mr Gibbs from pirates of the Caribbean. What an awesome guy he is as well! Very funny, very personable and intriguing gentleman. :thumbsup

Anyway, if you are near, try to make it tomorrow!

I was at the con on Saturday for a few hours, but had to leave around 2 PM, and Sunday I worked all day so missed it. I helped staff the prop museum booth for a bit, and hope next year to get more time to plan on bring more stuff. I think this year it was thrown together a little faster than it was setup in previous years under the original owners, so now that he's got it back hopefully they will have a bit longer to get it planned and setup for next year's!

I was also able to get Julian Glover's signature on my Holy Grail. I had him sign it with "He chose wisely" too! :D

Last edited:
Being able to help with AdventurCon this year and work with the oringal guys and crew that made it so great. I feel that the vibe was very positive and I can only see in exploding in the future. Knoxville has alot of fans, the venue is great and attracted alot of fans from surrounding states. I had a blast the whole weekend, i would of liked to see OLDKEN deuling once more with a sithlord...soon....sooon.

Wow is this rather embarrassing... Had no idea you all were this neck of the woods. I probably met you all in person and had no fraking idea. :facepalm I've been going to Adventure Con for years now and I have to agree with the re-direction it's been heading. I even made it a point to speak to one of the organizers and talent companies to thank them. It's funny you mentioned the rollergirls, because I am one of them (no offense taken btw) and was there that year as well. I was a bit annoyed with that particular year for many reasons but I'll let ya know that we weren't supposed to be there as an exhibitor etc. (more of a support staff/runner/volunteer..which pretty much everyone from the rollergirls, except myself, had never attended an event like that nor had any idea what to do/why/etc). The celebrities didn't even have any guest services :angry etc, so I ended up talking that upon myself. So embarrassed on another level I guess you could say... just know that it was out of our hands, we're only told when and where and show up lol. Anyway, AdventureCon this year was a real treat and truly enjoyed myself and really, really, like what it has gone back to, as well as what it now offers. I was PROUD of little ole Kville this go-around and the FanBoy Expo that followed was also another great local event. It was great seeing props and costumes and hey...quality make a come back. The biggest thing that I can take from it, is now I know there are some seriously talented folks in my area..and you do exist!

Wish I still had the pic with Jake Busey from 'that' year. ;)
http://www.knoxville.com/news/2010/may/29/a-haven-for-pop-culture-buffs/

promAdCon.jpg

So, who's in the middle?

Last edited:
Sorry I'm so late posting these pictures. I didn't realize there was a thread here until I Googled it.:facepalm

Here I am in my LC Indy gear at AdventureCon 2012.

577326_10151107428557081_681529803_n.jpg

150156_10151107428687081_1883634668_n.jpg

283477_10151107428737081_749669047_n.jpg

47931_10151107428782081_386696564_n.jpg

581007_10151107428937081_1494609364_n.jpg

560793_10151107429012081_1311223189_n.jpg

524978_10151107428437081_2086141330_n.jpg

And my signed Grail

643912_10151107428527081_463697958_n.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back