Screen Used Pepsi Perfect BTT2

Is it this one? So what's wrong with it?

attachment.php

Is it this one? So what's wrong with it?
I'm guessing they are just concerned that he says it's screen used when it was in fact used on the ride and NOT in the movies. They think he might have been mislead about the screen used part when he bought it..

If it's that one, this is from Liveauctioneers June 2012, where it was ' Lot Passed' :

" From one of the most beloved film anthologies ever produced, this is a prop Pepsi bottle from the Robert Zemeckis 1989 Sci-fi film 'Back to the Future - Part II.' After traveling to the year 2015, Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox) attempts to dissuade his other self from taking part in a robbery and ventures into a futuristic diner where he orders a Pepsi Perfect, which miraculously pops up from the middle of a table. The bottle is made from hard plastic resin which is colored to resemble the soda, with a non-removable blue plastic lid. The bottle has a small hole drilled into the base, where it would have been fastened to the table for its push to the surface. One of the more memorable props from the film, it comes with a letter of authenticity stating the provenance in receiving the piece. (measures approx. 8 1/2" tall)."

Identical description in the PP Catalogue of 15-16 September . (Pg 16).

This is the 'LOA' from the first link at Liveauctioneers.

attachment.php

I'm guessing they are just concerned that he says it's screen used when it was in fact used on the ride and NOT in the movies. They think he might have been mislead about the screen used part when he bought it..

If it's an original production prop (same molds etc.), it's not important if it's actually used in the movie or can even be seen on screen. There are a lot of original BTTF props sold on auctions, which have probably never been shown on screen. For example: the "Tales From Space" comic from last year's "Profiles in History" auction. The auction catalog says: "Exhibits a vertical crease as seen on-screen", but if you compare it with the comic, which is actually shown on screen, you can clearly see, that the vertical crease on the auction comic is not at the same place as on the movie comic.

But who cares? It's still an original. :)

Whats funny is the person who posted this is a new member so "Welcome" :)

Secondly, he didnt indicate where he got it from, I just asked if it was the one in last weekends auction.

Poor guy prolly got scared away.

If he bought the one from the PP auction, that same seller had that item listed on Ebay with that same letter a while ago where he mentioned how it was made for the ride and not for the movie as they are made different. I wished I would have bookmarked that listing

Yes this came from PP auction, They said it was Screen Used and has a small hole in the bottom where it was used to be slide up from the Pepsi display that opened up to present to Marty.

Notice the following statements in the "COA":

The names of a "Paul" and a "Frank" are mentioned but their last names are not. For me, the following questions came to mind:

·What are "Paul" & "Frank's" last names?

·What is the name of "Paul's" card shop"?

·What was "Frank's" job title at Universal?

·What was the name of the "someone else" who worked at Universal's prop shop?

The letter writer also states: "I was told", which offers no real traceable history about the pieces origin or chain of command. Just some story about a card game.

Now it's entirely possible this person was told the item was from the BTF2 film, though the letter he wrote does not support the items authenticity.

As this appears to not be as described, you should contact Premier Props for a refund, or if you prefer, a serious reduction in what you paid for it.

I can tell you that if it is the one pictured above, that it is definitely NOT a screen used bottle from BTTF2.

Unfortunately, as the OP said, it is that same one :( ... \/

Yes this came from PP auction, They said it was Screen Used and has a small hole in the bottom where it was used to be slide up from the Pepsi display that opened up to present to Marty.

Although they do not specifically say it is screen-used in the auction, the wording strongly implies that not only is it screen-used, but it is also the one that pops up in front of McFly :rolleyes

.... he orders a Pepsi Perfect, which miraculously pops up from the middle of a table..... The bottle has a small hole drilled into the base, where it would have been fastened to the table for its push to the surface.

It is of course, not the one, and the implications above are bordering on the fraudulent.

Notice the following statements in the "COA":

That 'Letter of Authenticity', is anything but. In my opinion, it is hilarious, real as it may be. It proves absolutely nothing.

This is yet another case of a cleverly worded but nonetheless misleading auction, and a buyer not researching the item enough.

No insult meant to you islandboynkauai.

You are unfortunately not the first, and most definitely won't be the last, person to be in a situation like this :(

As this appears to not be as described, you should contact Premier Props for a refund, or if you prefer, a serious reduction in what you paid for it.

Agreed.

Nowhere does it say on that 'LOA' that a hole at the bottom of the bottle makes it the one that popped up in front of McFly in the movie. That is their strongly implied conclusion, based on .... nothing tangible whatsoever.

Look at what has been said by Tim (Ketzer.com) and others. It was not even produced, let alone used, in the movie.

It is from the BTTF ride. I also agree that that is its provenance.

Even though PP may tell you they base their claims on that 'Letter of Authenticity', it can still be classified as negligence on their part, and borderline fraudulent implications since they are based on absolutely nothing.

Last edited:
PP is a horrible prop company....I sometimes wonder how they are still in business....

i would stay away from them at all costs....they sold items in the past that were misleading and untrue...

also, they are known for possible shill bidding....check out themoviepropforum.com for more info on pp and their dealings

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back