TMNT Krang + Android Body *Final Pics pg. 9"

Re: TMNT Krang + Android Body Budget Build

Two more layers of Mod Podge last night and I'm calling the paint on his body done. Set the eyes back in and just placed the teeth (not glued). I'm pleased so far. Tonight I'll finish up the foam work on the torso and get that ready for paint.

888D7815-AE16-4F41-AEBB-422FC24EEAAE-1729-000003BC10064564.jpg

this is looking FANTASTIC!!! I'm so excited to see this updated!!! absolutely my fav build this halloween season thus far.

Your doing such a great job on this! I cant wait to see the finished result!

100% awesomeness dude!!! damn you for being Stateside, I want you in our TMNT group lol!!!

looks amazing! Can't wait to see the whole thing put together. One thing though, krang looks a bit flat at the moment... maybe you should put something behind him to give him some volume?

looks amazing! Can't wait to see the whole thing put together. One thing though, krang looks a bit flat at the moment... maybe you should put something behind him to give him some volume?

The false stomach cavity he's in is only about 3 inches deep, but is a convex shape. Truthfully, sure he's flat - only about 2 inches thick along the forehead ridge, but once is placed in the cavity he does have some curvature and noticeable depth from the sides. That's about all I can ask for without removing my own body.

The false stomach cavity he's in is only about 3 inches deep, but is a convex shape. Truthfully, sure he's flat - only about 2 inches thick along the forehead ridge, but once is placed in the cavity he does have some curvature and noticeable depth from the sides. That's about all I can ask for without removing my own body.

If you really want to go for realism, you might be able to help accentuate that a bit by cleverly using gradients of paint to give the impression of additional depth. Like, for example, use a darker shade of gray toward the top of the "cavity" in order to make it look more like the shadows of a much larger enclosure.

This is already far more impressive than any of the other Krang costumes I've seen. Awesome work, keep it up! Looking forward to future updates!

Tonight's update -
-Attached Krang's teeth
-Cut some acetate for his window
-Added rings on the outer sides of the chamber
-Cut and attached lower faschia of the chamber
-Used a soldering iron to melt in some details in the torso.

It was really cool how easy the gray EVA foam took the etchings from the soldering iron (on the suspenders buckles). I almost wish I had built the whole thing out of it, but I had so much blue foam left over that needed to go to use.
If I keep going at this pace, the torso will be ready for paint by the weekend.

I plan to use a mirrored surface the back of the chamber. Right now Krang is right up on the outer wall, but I might be able to make him just a bit more spherical at the cost of the distance his tentacles stick out from his body.

CDF59D8B-1F4C-493E-AD35-98E87FCBCEE0-1884-00000429A7E09CCD.jpg

BBFD0D28-2EBB-4839-B47E-C7B8805E4B63-1884-00000429B07A386D.jpg

1BC3275A-9502-40F6-A8AE-150DCC502C77-1884-00000429BAAE5244.jpg

He fell forward in this pic.

looking forward to seeing more! looks great, i'm making a ninja turtle costume this halloween.

I keep coming back to this thread multiple times a day just to laugh at how awesome this thing is. Can't wait to see it completed.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back