General Gundam/Mecha Cosplay Tutorial

No wonder people's head look big in Gundam helmets. It is only a half mask and doesn't cover the entire face!

Thank you for that information. I hope people will adjust there pep files accordingly. :lol

dude, this is so awesome! Thank you so much for doing this :D

Is there a higher res version of your tutorial available?

Last edited:
Wow, this is amazing! I've been a fan of your work for some time now, thanks for sharing!
**will buy book if/when you publish**

This is what I needed so hard! I used to have another manual, but I have no idea where I left it. Thanks! I'll be starting my Nobell Gundam soon I think

Thank you everyone for liking my tutorial. I really hope it can encourage and help more people to cosplay mechas =)

Hey Clivelee, will these stuctures work for using cardboard? Thats all i have ta work with. Btw I don't have a IM at th' moment just collecting tools an supplies right now still in research and design phase seein' how th' body is built in your tutorial everything is supported together structurally very smart brah.:cool:popcorn:cool
It will work for cardboard, but it will not last long. This version of the structure took me 5 years of trial and error.. My 1st few Gundams were quite a disaster...

Wow brother, thank you very much for this! Can i call you teacher? Awesome job, very instructive really. :)

Teacher...well....I dunno..I guess it is okie...haha

You made my day Clive°°
This tutorial is pure gold!!
(And now i know why do you never made the Wing Gundam Zero, because you can see the neck right? :p )

Actually I did make the Wing Zero in 2002..it is my 2nd costume..it ain really look decent as I was using a making method that I abandoned.
9226.jpg

I have actually 4 more mecha costumes not included in the tutorial's cover page...

dude, this is so awesome! Thank you so much for doing this :D

Is there a higher res version of your tutorial available?

I will be compiling a higher res version after I have completed the whole tutorial =)

This is what I needed so hard! I used to have another manual, but I have no idea where I left it. Thanks! I'll be starting my Nobell Gundam soon I think

I saw your making process.. It seems to have a good start =) Please feel free to ask me any questions.. I will try my best to answer them.

You are not intimidated by the idea of people making mechs better than you.

Some people guard their building secrets like this is all some kind of contest.

The mech costume building community is very small. People avoid it because it is difficult to do, and harder to do well. What you are doing is going to help the community grow, and improve in quality.

Thank you for sharing the information you have gained building mechs. I am happy you want others to make mechs as good as you.

You are not intimidated by the idea of people making mechs better than you.

Some people guard their building secrets like this is all some kind of contest.

The mech costume building community is very small. People avoid it because it is difficult to do, and harder to do well. What you are doing is going to help the community grow, and improve in quality.

Thank you for sharing the information you have gained building mechs. I am happy you want others to make mechs as good as you.

You are welcomed =) I do hope people can make better mechs than me...then I will have more motivation to excel further...=) And to me....as long as it is achieveable by a human being....there are no secrets that are too great..

That is why this forum exists to share ideas an help other builders to make th' best costume that they can by sharing methods, techniques, an materials used. Thanx Clive keep up th' good work brah also Thanx fir being my friend.:cool:cool

Wow after seeing your diablo costume, I found your gundam costume and now this guide. Bookmarked this page for later purposes. Amazing stuff, just spent a good chunk of time reading the entire thing instead of doing homework LOL.

That is why this forum exists to share ideas an help other builders to make th' best costume that they can by sharing methods, techniques, an materials used. Thanx Clive keep up th' good work brah also Thanx fir being my friend.:cool:cool

You are most welcomed =)

Wow after seeing your diablo costume, I found your gundam costume and now this guide. Bookmarked this page for later purposes. Amazing stuff, just spent a good chunk of time reading the entire thing instead of doing homework LOL.

Thanks .....I hope it wont affect your grades or so =|

Oh no! I've given myself a lot of trouble with Nobell Gundam's high heels :lol

Nah I'll find a way. Thanks man. This guide is my lifesaver. It's exactly as you say it is: trial and error and many times staring over....

Oh no! I've given myself a lot of trouble with Nobell Gundam's high heels :lol

Nah I'll find a way. Thanks man. This guide is my lifesaver. It's exactly as you say it is: trial and error and many times staring over....

The fun is with experimentation =) You learn more when you fail =)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back