My 11th Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver, Universal on/off "remote"

The Prop Lord

Hey guys! I wanted to share this with everyone.

I made this 4~ months before any information about the "Official" Sonic Screwdriver Universal Remote came out. I even posted a mini tutorial on YouTube. About 2 months later they bring out the information. Coincidence? Maybe... =P

*cough* you can look at the upload date and whenever the SS Universal Remote info came out if you want proof *clears throat*

Hehe. Anyways, this will cost roughly $50, 0% soldering experience (I had none whatsoever before starting the screwdriver) and about 3 days (since you dont have experience.)

I REALLY need to make a new tutorial but I've been busy with projects.

This Sonic Screwdriver will allow you to turn ON and OFF almost every TV in the Universe! And quite possibly every Multiverse!! :thumbsup

You basically compress a TV-B-Gone Kit into the 11th Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver toy. Yes, toy. But it is VERY convincing! A few coats of paint, sand the "emerald" to get it kind of cloudy and WAMMO.

It isnt EXACTLY Step by Step, however, I DO add my schematic.

$100 + shipping for a Sonic Screwdriver that you must program and that someone else made, or a $50 Sonic Screwdriver you can use on almost ANY TV in the WORLD to turn ON and OFF (Extremely fun at Best Buy *cough cough*

If you dont mind, just watch the video. It basically has every picture in it that I took while making it. Each picture new pictures shows up every 5~ seconds I think, so make sure you pause each step. When I get a chance, I will put out a audible tutorial instead of a pictorial one.

I got my TV-B-Gone from :https://www.tvbgone.com/cfe_tvbg_buy.tvbgkit.php

And my Sonic Screwdriver on Amazon.

-Cant find my Best Buy video.

These can be watched in either order. The last is really the tutorial.
Being built: Sonic Screwdriver (TV-B-Gone) - YouTube

Inside the Sonic: Sonic Screwdriver(TV-B-Gone Modification).wmv - YouTube

Tutorial:Sonic Screwdriver TV-B-Gone Tutorial (Version 1) - YouTube

I hope this helps anyone who is planning on being the Doctor and/or otherwise wanting to...help companies save electricity... yeah...helping them save energy... he he he... :love

Last edited:
Im afraid that is all it does. But you can turn off and on, almost every TV in the world. Only a few brands dont work. Apposed to the Official Sonic Screwdriver Remote, which must be programmed each time you change the tv.

I agree that changing channels and volume would be MUCH cooler. But if you want to run around the mall (or wherever) with a sonic with the ability to turn ON and OFF all TVs, for $50, without the need to program, that's not too bad.

Sorry for the redundancy.

A fun prank sonic. Turn people's TV's off and when they accuse you just say "you don't believe this is actually real do you?" :lol

A fun prank indeed! There's just something different about using the Sonic for turning off multiple TVs at once instead of just a tv-b-gone. The power!!! haha

I know this is a very old thread, but I just stumbled across it, and was so thrilled by it I quickly created an account just to send you this message. I would love to purchase one of these, and I hope you notice this post! If not I'll try to figure out how to send you a message.
Thank you for your brilliance!!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back