No Budget/Low Budget Yoda Costume (WIP)

Lucien Kane

Obviously not for myself! lol, but my wife and I have decided that for Halloween Demitri (my 7 month old Son) and I are going to do the Yoda/Luke combo from ESB... Anywho, we're broke, so this is basically whatever we have around the house.

My wife started with a kitchen towel that she soaked in tea, then cut and sewed by hand.

IMG_1141.jpg

Then she made a belt (not screen accurate mind you, but we're going off of things we have in the house.)

DSC09918.jpg

DSC09916.jpg

And the rest of what we have so far on the little guy.

DSC09863.jpg

DSC09874.jpg

DSC09879.jpg

DSC09881.jpg

DSC09887.jpg

DSC09894.jpg

We're going to do the ears! and thanks everyone for the kind words! I'm going to be building him a lightsaber, but it won't be Yoda's.

Having seen what the Halloween and Costume shops have for Yoda Costumes I have to say yours is a far cry better and cheaper. We bought one for my son when he was 10months old and was not happy with it at all. Great start on the Costume

Wow.......

Use green foam stick (something like NERF foam), just warp vinyl electrical tape at one end to make baby safe lightsaber. Or use one nerf ammo, paint it silver/black, put a ring, and hang on the belt.
As for green sKin, er..that'll be photoshop.

If there is a green hat (or make a simple cap), can sew 2 green flanel to make ear, some fake white hair on the top :lol

Nice, man.

I always love seeing people do budget builds, and this looks really great :) Definitely better than the overprices tat you get from fancy dress shops :) Your son makes an adorable tiny Yoda

my gf just saw this thread and just made a whole bunch of high pitched noises while pointing at the screen. Im guessing that means your doing something right!

Looks fantastic and that tea stain idea for the color looks great! keep us updated!

Haha Thanks! Mostly this is my wife's project... I get to handle the cane and the lightsaber... The boy needs his own lightsaber, he likes to play with mine, but they are too heavy so he picks them up by the blade... (and then throws them) So I'm going to be making him a lightsaber out of blade stock and 1'' PVC. It will probably be blue since that seems to be his favorite color... I.E. It's the lightsaber blade that he responds to the most.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back