pepakura white ranger helmet

as promised, here are some new photo's of the white rangers sword..
just a reminder 3mm MDF backbone and 1/4inch balsa wood, and lots of sanding with my dremel.

DSC02949.jpg

DSC02947.jpg

DSC02946.jpg

Yeah...that sword is coming along BEAUTIFULLY.

I ordered one online from Saban. It's not the talking one, But I play on using it to make a screen accurate version, and I may just make resin casts available when I'm done. :love

You know...the more and more I look at this pep helmet, I'm realizing a couple things.

It's not very accurate. Not the work, as SirBuBBaLoT has done a brilliant job, but the actual file as per his screen shot.

So I went and looked at the one I have that I believe was done by EyeofSauron, and that one too has similar inaccuracies. The only other file I know is the blackkaos ones, and honestly, I think that one is least accurate of them all.

Does anyone know of any other White Ranger helmet pepakura files? Perhaps one that is screen accurate? Sorry SirBuBBaLoT, didn't mean to hijack your thread. =P

the helmet i made was for my son, a fancy dress costume for him to wear on a night out with his fellow mates who too will be dressed up in fancy dress.

when my son saw what i had made he was over the moon with it. he wasn't interested if the helmet was screen accurate or not. in his eyes he has a white ranger helmet he can call his own.

all i can say is.. if my son is happy with his white ranger helmet so am i.

sorry guys but my main aim here was not to get a screen accurate but to make my son a power ranger costume to which he was always dreamed of having one since he was 5years old.. and with this helmet i made his dreams come true.

and working on a budget i think i've done a good job on the helmet and the extra's

the helmet i made was for my son, a fancy dress costume for him to wear on a night out with his fellow mates who too will be dressed up in fancy dress.

when my son saw what i had made he was over the moon with it. he wasn't interested if the helmet was screen accurate or not. in his eyes he has a white ranger helmet he can call his own.

all i can say is.. if my son is happy with his white ranger helmet so am i.

sorry guys but my main aim here was not to get a screen accurate but to make my son a power ranger costume to which he was always dreamed of having one since he was 5years old.. and with this helmet i made his dreams come true.

Props to one of the best dads ever out there. I know what ya mean :)

and to let you all know 6months ago i never heard of "pepakura" i thought what the hell is this but i got the bull by it's horns (so to speak) and gave it a go.

the power ranger helmet is the only one of my helmets i had made that i had actually finished. all i had was my son wanted his ranger costume making and i was the only one that could give him it.

while making the helmet i had no idea what the hell i was doing.. only by watching videos on youtube on pepakura helmets did i progress with the helmet.

you all can leave comments saying this and that like its not screen accurate or what ever you wish. but remember this guys..

i made this helmet for my son who wished for the white ranger costume since he was 5years old. me being a caring dad made my son's wish come true.

sorry for the rant.. but i'm not here to make screen accurate props. as long as they look the part and people know what it is i'm happy with that !!

Well said sir! I am not good at this by far but I enjoy the hobby! It's something that I enjoy. The pay off at the end of a build is the satisfaction of saying "I made that"!! If it's close enough to tell what it is great! The smile on your sons face must have been huge!! That's what I'm aiming for! When my son is old enouhh and sees what I can do and asks me to make one for him that will be my dedication! Yeah there are a lot of ppl on here that are a lot better than I am but that's not going to stop me from building!

I say great build to you sir!! Spot on even if it's not "screen acurete" it still looks amazing to me! I hope mine turns out half as good as yours!!

SirBuBBaLoT,

I certainly hope you didn't misinterpret my last comment! As I said, this is awesome! My comment was about the accuracy of the pepakura files that are available for the white ranger helmet, not your awesome job!

SirBuBBaLoT,

I certainly hope you didn't misinterpret my last comment! As I said, this is awesome! My comment was about the accuracy of the pepakura files that are available for the white ranger helmet, not your awesome job!

i was just set out to make a helmet for my son.. i had no clue about pepakura. i just found out that someone went to all the trouble in making a helmet.. and with their pep file i was to make this helmet.

i just saw the pep file and thought great my son can have his helmet.
i know nothing about pep designer i just load up the helmet, adjust the scale according to the wearers head (in this case my son) adjust the paper to A4 and move the parts around to save card.

then print it out then make it.

but not knowing a great deal with pep designer i did notice there was no chin piece on the file. i had to create my own piece for the helmet.

It is awe inspiring work sir. Your thread was the push I needed to start my own! I too like your son am a big fan of the original mmpr! Jason David frank himself would be proud of this build.

I can see where the misunderstanding was. I too was kind of taken aback by the comments.

Let's try and not be so hasty to jump out there and loose our Kool. This forum is our retreat from all the madness out there in the "real world". Let's not flood it with negativity.

i never resized the helmet just printed out as default.. my head is 279.2mm and it fits me just fine.. well with 1/4inch padding inside. use viewer.. print it out as default.

this helmet was my first attempt of making one using pepakura. while i was making it i watched videos on youtube on how to make them.. with the fibre glass and filler..

i have 2x halo helmets, and a crysis helmet completed in pepakura awaiting resin and fibre glass.

started on ironman helmet.. (pepakura)

I am worried about the bondo... I made a Halo suit out of pep and started a war machine out of foam. I just like the foam so far because it cuts the steps down. But the helmets I think I'm still going to pep. I haven't worked with the filler yet.......

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back