Dracks Ironman MK VI Build (helmet update)

Re: Dracks Ironman MK VI Foam Build (page1 includes info on foam armour building)

looks amazing

what paint colors are you using on suit?

Thank you man :)

I use nightfire red Hycote spray paint for the red and bought a can of gold spray that on a smooth surface would finish like gold chrome but on foam it doesn't. So my new problem is finding a paint that matches the gold on my suit but isn't going to dry mirrored as it were.

Re: Dracks Ironman MK VI Foam Build (page1 includes info on foam armour building)

I cant believe this is a foam helmet o_O
Amazing!

Ah it's not. Is was foam but made a cast of it and cast it in plastic then filled and sanded. I guess I need to add in my thread title that the helmet is....something....not pep....so what do I call it?

Ah it's not. Is was foam but made a cast of it and cast it in plastic then filled and sanded. I guess I need to add in my thread title that the helmet is....something....not pep....so what do I call it?

Foam + plastic = Foamtic :D

I meant you have a wonderful shape on your Helmet and you achieved that with foam in the first place! So sure you casted it for even more perfection but you started out with a great foam built and many others failed with that. That's cool!

Re: Ironman MK VI Build. (page1 includes info on foam armour building)

Foam + plastic = Foamtic :D

I meant you have a wonderful shape on your Helmet and you achieved that with foam in the first place! So sure you casted it for even more perfection but you started out with a great foam built and many others failed with that. That's cool!

In that case thank very much man. I must say I have had a great journey as I have learned from all the people on both RPF and 405th. The funny thing is that I started out at trying pep work and moved to foam but it would seem I am to go full circle and go back to pep now I know what I am doing. I can not wait to start my series of all the Ironman helmets but the hard part will be which one to choose next :)

Re: Dracks Ironman MK VI Build. (page1 includes info on foam armour building)

I wish my foam skills were that good but its not foam, it's a cast from the original foam helmet that's been touched up with filler.

Technically it's the age old method of sculpting-moulding-casting, just the 'sculpt' was made in foam, but then you can sculpt in anything (or a combination of items) if you're going to mould from it to cast the final piece.

Much easier than sculpting in clay though - but this one is still somewhere up there with the really good quality builds we only sometimes see. Just goes to show how attention to detail pays off, from the foam build, all the way through the moulding and casting process.

Are you planning to do any other pieces of the suit?

Are you planning to do any other pieces of the suit?

Unfortunately I can't afford to financially or the time otherwise I would.

Oh and thank you for putting me up there with the builds I have admired so much over the last year. I never dreamed I would make it this far when I started :)

Tom.

Last edited:

Man you have an amazing foam skill... one of the smoothest and seamless foam suit I've ever seen...:):thumbsup

Keep building... cheers!

Man you have an amazing foam skill... one of the smoothest and seamless foam suit I've ever seen...:):thumbsup

Keep building... cheers!

Wow thank you man. That means a lot to me as you were a source of insperation as I researched for my helmet.

Like i have said before, YOUR THE MAN!!!! KEEP IT UP

Cheers bro, I will :D

Hey dude,

Awesome tutorials. Never thought of the snap fasteners for connecting pieces.

Cheers

Really amazing stuff here! Hopefully one day I can create something as awesome as these suits!

Really impressive. Pictures taken from a distance are often deceiving, but in those close up images we can really see how perfect those cuts/seams are. Excellent work.

very nice work D u got some real skills brother!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back