Daedric Sword WIP (Skyrim)

Tsabo Tsaboc

I'll start my second build thread here. I'm working on a Daedric sword from Skyrim with a buddy of mine. We're starting with wood, and hopefully have this thing molded soon.

Daedricsword.png

7965021682_513ed5570e_z.jpg

7965021956_dac834a3b3_z.jpg

There's the basic shape, but I'll be trimming out details and whatnot.
Any good tips for molding weapons?

Got some work done today. I glazed the entire sword with spot putty to hide the wood layers (it's layered plywood) and I'm working on sanding and details right now. Stay posted!

8004609715_33c4670670_z.jpg

looks good so far. I to am making one so I can make a mold and dual wield for the Renn faire and other events. Im making mine with a removable main blade so I can use a foam blade for events where require every thing to be as friendly as it can be.

looks good so far. I to am making one so I can make a mold and dual wield for the Renn faire and other events. Im making mine with a removable main blade so I can use a foam blade for events where require every thing to be as friendly as it can be.

I thought of that too, because the blade is likely to snap upon impact. My two solutions are
1. Cast the blade with steel dowels in the core
2. Cast it in flex foam
Option two is used a lot for guns and such and I know firsthand that it works really well.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back