Back to the Future II 2015 Jacket Build NEW VIDEO JACKET pg 27!!!

Jedifyfe

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thanks to MitasTouch for his great work that inspired me to start my own jacket. I am 90% done. Just have to add electronics, a few more greeblies and done!

Dsc04930.jpg

Dsc04932.jpg

Dsc04916.jpg

Dsc04919.jpg

Dsc04922.jpg

Dsc04928.jpg

Then I got a little further:

Dsc04945.jpg

Dsc04947.jpg

Dsc04942.jpg

Dsc04955.jpg

Dsc04951.jpg

DSC04954.jpg

Dsc04958.jpg

Dsc04959.jpg

Dsc04960.jpg

Added the black strips on the shoulder straps:

Dsc049572.jpg

Dsc049582.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Back to the Future II 2015 Jacket Build

So awesome

Will you be giving mitas any tips on ways you did things or ideas you have had with making the jacket? Im on his list for a jacket and if this is what we can expect to come............. then I'm very excited for the future <<< see what I did there ;P

I'm glad that you started your own thread. Watching you build this jacket has inspired me to add this to my ever growing project list. This seems like a nice winter, indoor project to tackle.

So awesome

Will you be giving mitas any tips on ways you did things or ideas you have had with making the jacket? Im on his list for a jacket and if this is what we can expect to come............. then I'm very excited for the future <<< see what I did there ;P

I think he has taken a few hints from me and me from him. Also there has been great help from others on his thread.

Here is my jacket on with my NIKE MAG conversions :love

Dsc04965.jpg

Dsc04964.jpg

Dsc04967.jpg

Were the sleeves of the film prop even lined?

Doing a lined version would do my head in working out the folds for both outer and inner.

I think he has taken a few hints from me and me from him. Also there has been great help from others on his thread.

Here is my jacket on with my NIKE MAG conversions :love

Dsc04965.jpg

Dsc04964.jpg

Dsc04967.jpg

That is amazing dude...... I'm so pumped for the day I get mine........ My childhood dreams are slowly coming true

I just need to find someone who produces decent quality Nike mags..... I know there's a few people on here who do runs of them but it's hard to tell which ones are the best quality

Think I need to send Brad my MAGS for upgrade.. :love

Nice shot of screen used here:

41858.jpg

Can see spacing for epilates etc..

Awsome work here Jedi, like always. :D I think i will try to make the jacket myself too. Thanks for sharing.

I highly doubt it. They looked custom made to me.

There is a bit of an interview with the costume designer of the jacket on the BTTF BD set I bought. She says she used allot of rubber for that "future look". She doesn't mention (not that I remember anyway) anything about the liner.

There is a bit of an interview with the costume designer of the jacket on the BTTF BD set I bought. She says she used allot of rubber for that "future look". She doesn't mention (not that I remember anyway) anything about the liner.

I don't think they would bother with a liner. Just makes work more difficult for something that doesn't matter on screen. :thumbsup

I am amazed how quickly that jacket came together. Fantastic stuff.

If memory serves, the bellows in the sleeves were actually a seperete piece to the rest of the sleeve. I may be confusing it with the Universal Studios jacket but I think it was a section of rubber tubing with brass rings fitted inside then sewn onto the elbow area of the sleeve with the rest of the sleeve then added.

Maybe you could do "stunt sleeves."

Take a look at this picture:

attachment.php

If you look at the guy all the way on the left, it doesn't appear that his sleeves are actually bellowed (At least at the elbows) it just seems too uniform. That look could easily be replicated by sewing rows of piping into the sleeves.

Just a thought...

-Nick

The stuntie on the far right scares the jigowatts outtame. He looks like Max Shreck.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back