Back to the Future II 2015 Jacket Build NEW VIDEO JACKET pg 27!!!

Whoooooo! Just went thru all 29 pages and you guys are all brilliant. Now ready to take on making my girlie Mcfly BTTF II jacket build. Thanks for all your work and photos, helped me so much!

Re: Back to the Future II 2015 Jacket Build NEW JACKET pg 26!!!

Almost done. I need to add the last two black/red squares. I just added the yellow blinking LED and the sounds.

View attachment 174411
View attachment 174412

Hi! I'm making my jacket from a Members Only one as well. I've been working my way through this epic thread picking up hints and tips and just wanted to ask you if you'd mind sharing what you used for the bellows on the arms? Thank you

Re: Back to the Future II 2015 Jacket Build NEW JACKET pg 26!!!

Hi! I'm making my jacket from a Members Only one as well. I've been working my way through this epic thread picking up hints and tips and just wanted to ask you if you'd mind sharing what you used for the bellows on the arms? Thank you

From what I remember Jedifyfe used weather stripping for the bellows.

Do you happen to know what type of weather stripping? I search for just "weather stripping" and it brings up a whole host of different products that vary massively.

Do you happen to know what type of weather stripping? I search for just "weather stripping" and it brings up a whole host of different products that vary massively.

The stripping was mentioned in this thread here:http://www.therpf.com/f9/back-futur...-new-video-jacket-pg-27-a-159961/index26.html

Nothing specific on the type, but something like this is what I assume was used: http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Door-Trunk-Weatherstrip-Seal/dp/B00CFL8T0K

Hopefully Jedifyfe can chime in and let you know what he went with.

The stripping was mentioned in this thread here:http://www.therpf.com/f9/back-futur...-new-video-jacket-pg-27-a-159961/index26.html

Nothing specific on the type, but something like this is what I assume was used: http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Door-Trunk-Weatherstrip-Seal/dp/B00CFL8T0K

Hopefully Jedifyfe can chime in and let you know what he went with.
Jedifyfe

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting on my jacket soon. Have the Plaskolite diffuser sheet. Will scratch build the waist and cuffs since the office chair ribs are hard to find.

Has the correct rainbow lining been sourced? I know a couple builders have used it and it really makes the jacket. Obsessing over it.... :-D

Last edited:
So I've just got my hands on this. Just the one, which won't nearly be enough to do the waist and cuffs. Wondering what to do next... By the way, Jedifyfe did you use the self adhesive on the weather stripping or attach it to the sleeves some other way?

$_57.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
So I've just got my hands on this. Just the one, which won't nearly be enough to do the waist and cuffs. Wondering what to do next... By the way, @Jedifyfe did you use the self adhesive on the weather stripping or attach it to the sleeves some other way?

View attachment 468784

You need to split these down the side to make two, but even then, you probably won't enough. I used a cutting wheel on a dremil to split both the parts I acquired. I then took a mold of the parts joined to make a single long part. .

Is this latex?

I used silicone with red pigment and layered mine with a black poly cotton. First layer was red which I used a screed to remove the excess material. After that cured, I poured a layer of black tinted silicone and laid the black cloth. I used a toothed roller (same type used for fiberglass) and pushed out the excess. What I got was a very strong material with black in the valleys.

When I do this again, I think I will only need the red layer with the cloth. So rather than screed the first layer, I would simply pour, lay on the cloth and roll it out. This will still give the black in the valleys and keep the strength, but also reduce weight. My vest portion is 2KG (4.4 pounds!) and it need only be half that.

You need to split these down the side to make two, but even then, you probably won't enough. I used a cutting wheel on a dremil to split both the parts I acquired. I then took a mold of the parts joined to make a single long part. .

Got my hands on two now. Hopefully that will be enough. I seem to remember someone mentioning using expanding foam somewhere to make them easier to attach?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back