Airsoft Thompson Sale

PHArchivist

Master Member
Just a heads-up...

In my local paper, the Big 5 Sporting Goods weekly ad shows an Airsoft Thompson for $99.

Not sure what brand...
Not sure if you have Big 5 in your area...
Not sure if this is truly a hot deal or not since I'm not too in ton Airsoft...

But $99 isn't bad is it?

Ad says, regular $249, on sale for $119 plus $20 additional rebate.

I've always been told that the airsoft at big5 are undersized for what they are, not sure if that matters to some people, but I'd imagine those getting it for a replica or a mod on it should take that into account for the specific brands they buy.

I've always been told that the airsoft at big5 are undersized for what they are, not sure if that matters to some people, but I'd imagine those getting it for a replica or a mod on it should take that into account for the specific brands they buy.

Good to know... As mentioned I'm no expert or conniseur of Airsoft, so that is good information.

No problem, I used to be very into them, then tried to find several to mod them. Many if not all the ones in big5 are undersized, the good ones are usually the japanese brands such as tokyo marui or maruzen.

that looks to be either cybergun or CYMA, both of which are good guns.. I actually have one. The Tokyo Marui ones are okay, but they have a weak point right infront of the magazine catch and tend to break there.

I've heard that issue with the newer Maruis. It all just varies in what you are looking to it for, for an actual airsoft gun to shoot or more so of a correctly scaled replica. I've only compared pistols and guns like a mp-5, nothing on a Thompson though.

If anyone goes by the store could you tell me if it is a full size? I want it for a prop, I could care less if it can't shoot a bb more than 2 feet past the end of the barrel. Id check the size out but the closest store is a 10 hour drive. Which rather defeats the purpose of buying it on sale. Thanks.

I bought one of the Big 5 M1A1's two years ago. The dimensions are almost exact to the TM1 on my Hero PR. I wouldnt say undersized but a MM here and there. The first gen Monster in Motion Resin shells bolted right up as do the HGC.

With that said, like most prop builds a little trimming/fill here and there is necessary.

But I get some of the concerns being raised. Some of the airsoft guns are undersized, the Spas 12 for example. This Thompson is fine.

Thank you for posting this.

I just ran down to Big 5 and picked up the M1A1 and the 1928 "Typewriter" airsofts.

Will measure them in a few.

Brandon

"Cybergun" is a re brand's almost every close airsoft you can think off. The majority of Cybergun AEG's are CYMA, which are pretty stand up starter guns. Also they have a full metal construction which is a plus

Not sure of the brand, more than likely it's a Cyma. Definately a China knock off of the Tokyo Marui. It can use all TM accessories. I used one on my last PR build with zero issues.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back