Iron Man 3 "MARK 8 Armor" foam build

Yeah but he could actually try to read the threads instead of spamming them all. Mark 47 is a freehand build anyways like the mark V. This suit is made faster freehand due to all of the layers.

Files will help but seems to over complicate it.
Most likely why there are no mark V files as well

this is why im making the Mark TG1...when people ask all im gonna say is "design your own, cause i am" i am creating my suit to be unique and hopefully start a new trend....

Most likely why there are no mark V files as well

Don't tempt me, stealth!

determined-challenge-considered.png

Tribalgrind you are awesome!!! Trukly inspiring. If you can see it, you can build it. Love it! Like the fact you live in Daytona too, makes Florida look damn good! Hopefully I can do Orlando justice in the future. :) Cant wait to see your final build!

YES- actually, I was curious about that. I am newer to the RPF/foam construction on the whole. I read through the thread and might have missed it if that was touched upon already, but what different types of foam did you use Tribal? For my build last year I just used the .5 EVA (best step) foam rolls. It was not too difficult, but I really wish I had some varying thicknesses for different parts (some good pics of what I am talking about on pg5 of this thread).

If the types of foam you used were different between each other for specific purposes, I'd love to know in what ways they are. :)

Very Nice. I like the color combination of the Foam used.

Grey, White, Black.

Nice.

YES- actually, I was curious about that. I am newer to the RPF/foam construction on the whole. I read through the thread and might have missed it if that was touched upon already, but what different types of foam did you use Tribal? For my build last year I just used the .5 EVA (best step) foam rolls. It was not too difficult, but I really wish I had some varying thicknesses for different parts (some good pics of what I am talking about on pg5 of this thread).

If the types of foam you used were different between each other for specific purposes, I'd love to know in what ways they are. :)

The different colors are different thicknesses...try going to hobby lobby or,Michaels....

The different colors are different thicknesses...try going to hobby lobby or,Michaels....

Yeah, I am familiar with those stores. Unfortunately HL is non-existent in my area, and Michael's is a bit of a haul without a car, surprisingly, being in Boston. Would you happen to remember the brand name of the foam(s)? I only have experience with Best Step, but am curious to know what other brands costumers here are using.

The suit looks baller, by the way. Even more impressive it's free-hand. The elastic connecting certain pieces is genius.:)

wow! you did an amazing job! I'm gonna start an MKVIII suite by the end of the next 15 days :) your work really inspires and motivates me :)

may I ask you the exact names and color codes of the primers and colors you have used over the plastidip layer? Would they be the same if I use PVA glue to give a first coat to my suite?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back