Iron Man 3 "MARK 8 Armor" foam build

TribalGrind

Hi Im TribalGrind......I started a few weeks ago...and have tons of pictures so far. i just got around to getting on here and registering on this site. I will be updating and adding pics over the next few weeks.

It's encouraged to not start a work-in-progress thread without pictures (include them in the first post).

Welcome!

still learnin the site and im on a smart phone

692844d1335554384-new-forum-new-watches-this_thread_is_worthless_without_pictures.jpg

imgres

I havent even been on this site a day....this is just a little side project to keep me occupied in between tattoos at my shop. Our slow season just kicked in and this project seamed time consuming. I dont go to comic cons and dress up. hell ive never even read a comic. Ive been a professional tattoo artist for the last 9 years turning imagination into reality on a daily basis. I dont care what your veteran rpf blogger rules are. Im doing this at my own speed and i will post pics when the time comes. If anyones interested on what im gonna bring to the table keep an eye out otherwise go away

There you go Tigerblood...now you cant get back to World of Warcraft or writing Twilight fan fiction....for the record the charlie sheen thing is a little out dated

There you go Tigerblood...now you cant get back to World of Warcraft or writing Twilight fan fiction....for the record the charlie sheen thing is a little out dated

So are you going to include personal attacks on every single reply that you're going to make?:rolleyes Your thuganomics isn't going to be welcomed in here.

oh BTW you know what's a little outdated? Tribal tattoos.

not a personal attack but that worthless thread bull**** was a little childish and doing it twice made you seem like an ******* not a very good first impression...btw good work on your dredd build but i think the movie wont be that good...im still gonna watch it so who know. im mike nice to meet you

Little bit of hostility already in here... Nice arc reactor there. Can't wait to see the suit.
But personal attacks are frowned appon here. No matter how good your build is, keep up with that attitude and you will quickly find the door.
Welcome to the RPF btw!

both arms 6 hours.....i made some minor scaling ajustment. For the record i am not using any pepakura files (not enough patience for that) this suit is 100% free hand

Wow! I was lookin forward to a Mark 8 build, read the thread and just saw a load of childish attacks on each other!
Now I'm not taking sides, but I have seen some threads started without pics in the first post before now and no attacks madr, some peoe are just excited to share their ideas and then add first pics a day or two later, I don't see the harm in that.... give people a chance!
BUT .......
On the other hand Tribalgrind's negative replies were abit out of order as a noob, a simple 'ok cool, im new and wasn't aware but will get some pics up asap' would have been fine.....
SO......
how's about we forget the school yard bickerin and look forward to a Mark 8 build :)

I agree and my "stereotype assumptions" were needless to say childless as well what can i say other then i apoligize... anyways this is all i got done so far only 14 hours into the built...here are the abs and back still a few detail pieces to add...like i said before minor scaling ajustments are gonna be made through out the whole thing. ive been using various sizes of elastic straping to connect certain areas for a better range of motion and to give the illusion the interlocking with hyrdolics

Looks really good!

Also, the "this thread is worthless without pics" is a very common thing around here, it's not an insult, more like an "excited to see progress" response. Don' take any offense if you see it. Keep up the good work!

That looks epic dude!! and only 14hrs of work!! Wow!!!
Glad the air as been cleared a little and we can enjoy ur build :) keep up the great work!

Also can I ask what you plan on doin with the suit when its finished as you aren't gonna geek out at a con in it like us lol ;)

thanks guys....see being a tattoo artist and when doing a tattoo i do it once and perfect to my abilities everytime like this tat... i try and apply that to everything to i do

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back