Iron Man 3 "MARK 8 Armor" foam build

you have some serious, sick, foam building skills and to fabricate freehand is just amazing.
crazy work dude, totally admiring.

Some more praise. Nicely done x1000. My expectations were way too high for my first foam build. I killed myself trying to follow the foam pep files for my Mark VII. By the time I made my last piece I was freehanding a ton of it. Used the pep files for scale and then started just comparing my cuts and gluing to the reference pics. I think I made my final four pieces in less than an hour (thanks to my party deadline of that night).

I am aiming for a Mark VIII for a birthday party in January. I will definitely be using this thread as inspiration. Did you see any other Iron Man costumes in your contests?

Some more praise. Nicely done x1000. My expectations were way too high for my first foam build. I killed myself trying to follow the foam pep files for my Mark VII. By the time I made my last piece I was freehanding a ton of it. Used the pep files for scale and then started just comparing my cuts and gluing to the reference pics. I think I made my final four pieces in less than an hour (thanks to my party deadline of that night).

I am aiming for a Mark VIII for a birthday party in January. I will definitely be using this thread as inspiration. Did you see any other Iron Man costumes in your contests?

I was the only iron man..and there was only one Capt. America out..lol a few dudes with blonde wigs but non of them were thor

I also lost to edward scissorhands and there was no 2nd place prize. Oh well. The only thing that pissed me off was the crowd went completely nuts when I stepped forward on stage, and only a handful of people were screaming for edward scissorhands. Just let me think it was rigged...

Spectacular build, even more-so that it was free hand. You have skills.

A few constructive comments;
1. The lights need to be BRIGHT if you want to catch maximum attention at an event. The repulsers as well because you get everyones attention.
2. Adding loud audio in the form of a PA with a voice changer really adds stage impact. I used the Optimus prime helmet voice changer even though IMO iron man sounds more like batman when talking in the helmet. I used 2x guitar amps, and it was LOUD
3. Motorized faceplate grabbs attention even on stage. When I lowered it remotely (wireless) the crowd went nuts as soon as it was closed and the LED eyes switched ON.
4. Dont listen to me, I am grasshopper to your suit.

This will be my last post on the RPF til may ot June when i start my next iron man suit..THE TG1..like all mine before it will be 100% free hand without using pep files...but the next one will be 100% my own concept design......thanks for all the attention grom everyone and i hope it assists others with there suits.......stay tuned for the next build..til then enjoy

So im going stir crazy and i already am thinking about my 2013 suit...

using an undersuit like the picture RDJr. is wearing i wanna create a suit the i dont slip into but more or less "Clicks" onto the undersuit while maintaining full armor coverage and unbelievable mobility...it still wont fly but i can live with that

I will be creating the Iron Man Mark TG1...this is what popped into my head...this is just the first concept 60% red 30% gold and 10% of gun metal grey???...anyways i could use some feedback

know that feel can't wait to start mine for 2013!!! gonna be deadly!!

i realy hope that i can get mark 8 full armor pepakura file..can any1 help me please?newbie here :(

can i hv your foam made iron man mark 8 pdo file pls?realy need yur help on this.. :(
email:bboyhawkvampire86@yahoo.com

can i hv your foam made iron man mark 8 pdo file pls?realy need yur help on this.. :(
email:bboyhawkvampire86@yahoo.com
Ive said this alot to people who dont actually read any of my posts...i dont use pdo files or pep files. I am a free hand builder all i did was look at a picture and i built it. Pretty sure i have mentioned this several times in my posts before

Send them over to the junkyard a couple of people are selling pdo files for the mark 47 in pieces i.e. chest & back, arms and shoulders they just need to look and once again thank for that build it really amazing bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive said this alot to people who dont actually read any of my posts...i dont use pdo files or pep files. I am a free hand builder all i did was look at a picture and i built it. Pretty sure i have mentioned this several times in my posts before

he's been doing that in every single thread involving the mark 47:thumbsdown

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back