Iron Man 3 "MARK 8 Armor" foam build

Tribal Grind awesome free hand build brah very clean an symmetrical. Where did ya get ya reference pics from might I ask? Keep up th' good work brah.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

reference pics is anything and everything google images would provide and one or 2 i found floating around rpf

finished the thighs today with all the detailing.....started working on the shins tester piece today got the curves figured out..should have them finished by sunday night...then on to the feet

MAN IS FRIKI AWESOME, Bravo your work is great.

But I have a cuestion about the color gold, Is a light gold or sand color?. witch is the correct

Last edited:
MAN IS FRIKI AWESOME, Bravo your work is great.

But I have a cuestion about the color gold, Is a light gold or sand color?. witch is the correct

the gold is more of a white gold/ champaign gold color....i still havent found the right color gold yet as far as spray paints...the closet match i found so far is amound sand but its not metallic. once i found the right color i will share in my thread

Your doin' an incredible job brah, I thought as much in regards ta th' reference thanx.

Laugh it up fur ball!!! Sent From My SGH T-989 Using Tapatalk 2.

Great work!!! I am really looking forward to seeing your finished project. I am sure you won't have to much trouble winning that $2500. Where did you get the foam pieces you are using and are they sold in sheets?

Great work!!! I am really looking forward to seeing your finished project. I am sure you won't have to much trouble winning that $2500. Where did you get the foam pieces you are using and are they sold in sheets?

thanks and im using various size foam sheets 2mm, 3mm, 6mm for the detailing and then 8mm and 11-12mm? for the main structures....few trips to Michaels, Hobby Lobby and Big Lots

i got the main structure for the lower legs built....

1st... before i start detailing im gonna dremil the slight angle into the front shins.... im doing it this way cause i was saving on glue mostly

2nd the lowest part of the shin in the back is a little wide but that was the only way i can slide my foot through....i could of made it a little more fitting but then i would of had to come up with some intricate system of elastic and velcro or magnets that would of been too time consuming.

anyways....heres what i did so for today, i wont have them finished by sunday like i thought cause im booked up with appointment for tattoos his weekend and gonna take a couple big chunks outta my day...but we shall see

this is what i like to call perfect timing found this on my daily iron man 3 google search....notice how the knee splits in the middle....im gonna attempts to make mine do that.....also do a detail modification to the shoulder caps

i did a little work today on the shins and got the knee caps figured out....i gotta make another trip to Michaels to get some more 6mm foam and MORE glue sticks...luckly i got 2 days off back to back coming up next week i should have the suit fully built head to toe by wednesday night lots of pictures and a mobility test video on youtube

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back