Iron Man 3 "MARK 8 Armor" foam build

TG, this is th' hallmark of a true artist in attention to th' structure as well as th' details. :p:cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

thank you and i will be my first PUPLIC appearince is October 27th. and then again on Halloween....lol this is the most expenceive suit i own and im only gonna wear is 2 maybe 3 times a year....but the attention alone when i go out make it worth it and contest money helps too lol:)...im expecting to get stop by 125 people in those 2 days just to get pictures with me...last year it was like 65 people with my crappy first suit

That's great to hear, my first suit wasn't all that great and yet people were like touching, taking pictures it was still fun though. People wouldn't give me a chance sit lol.

Your probably gonna be up on your feet for a while :thumbsup

Re: Iron Man 3 "MARK 8 Armor" foam build FINISHED(test fit pics pg11)

Heres a few snap shots of my test fitting last night...been suiting up everynight with my assistants help...gotta try and get it under 3 minutes. cause i gotta suit up for the contest in a dark parking garage at night...practice makes perfect

*note that the white pieces above the leg next to the crotch...i took some 3mm foam and attached it to my undersuit...im gonna hold of till painting those til the night before opening night...thats one of those areas i know takes away from a the full coverage look im going for...and thats also an area that will get major ware and tare...so its easily replaceable and can but recreated easy and with scraps.

Last edited:
I retract my previous statement. You won't win first and second....
Your gonna win first, second AND third!!! In fact, they may just tell everyone else to go home!!
What a great build, TG!! I'm really glad you joined the community and shared this with us!

I retract my previous statement. You won't win first and second....
Your gonna win first, second AND third!!! In fact, they may just tell everyone else to go home!!
What a great build, TG!! I'm really glad you joined the community and shared this with us!

Thats the plan...i want the crowd chanting IRON MAN, IRON MAN....and if i dont win...well im gonna have to build a functional 9ft tall HULKBUSTER that runs on 2 car batteries and shoots off nerf darts and fits over top of another armor comfortably

i found this online while i was messing around on google......im not sure if its new online for the new movie or something from a dvd extra

but it give me an idea for my next suit

So im going stir crazy and i already am thinking about my 2013 suit...

using an undersuit like the picture RDJr. is wearing i wanna create a suit the i dont slip into but more or less "Clicks" onto the undersuit while maintaining full armor coverage and unbelievable mobility...it still wont fly but i can live with that

I will be creating the Iron Man Mark TG1...this is what popped into my head...this is just the first concept 60% red 30% gold and 10% of gun metal grey???...anyways i could use some feedback

So im going stir crazy and i already am thinking about my 2013 suit...

using an undersuit like the picture RDJr. is wearing i wanna create a suit the i dont slip into but more or less "Clicks" onto the undersuit while maintaining full armor coverage and unbelievable mobility...it still wont fly but i can live with that

I will be creating the Iron Man Mark TG1...this is what popped into my head...this is just the first concept 60% red 30% gold and 10% of gun metal grey???...anyways i could use some feedback

I think it's a pretty phat idea. Seems like it would work alot better.

Now that's the spirit! I love all the textured areas that looks really cool, I was toying with the idea of an original Iron Man design but I hate to say it it wasn't going anywhere. Now seeing this your giving me new inspiration, I say you get started on it now!! LOL. Just kidding, Seriously though that is 1 beautiful suit I hope you win everything you're looking for.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Or can put each piece on the undersuit with industrial strength velcro or somthin
man youll have excellent mobility, thats an awesome idea..man r u like a genius or somthin :lol

No Velcro..im invisioning the use of magnets..high strength...and several of them..one part on the undersuit the other on inside of the armor...and being my own iron man design all the seems would be concealed by the suits detail and design

No Velcro..im invisioning the use of magnets..high strength...and several of them..one part on the undersuit the other on inside of the armor...and being my own iron man design all the seems would be concealed by the suits detail and design

Right on... Xrobots built a exoskeleton strap suit with the use of magents its pretty cool too

Looks like it could be awesome, but all that paneling will probably drive you nuts lol. Goodluck with it though, if you can pull it off it'll be something amazing!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back