Iron Man 3 "MARK 8 Armor" foam build

Nice build man. When do we get to see a lid for this bad boy? :)

Yeah i still gotta wait for the clear to dry...and pop the led eyes back in them..so some point tomorrow....but im waiting till i make the video showimg all the features and mobility of the suit...also i need to find someone with a better camera lol

Tribalgrind,
Congratulations, you have won already......
(if you didn't the judges are blind, or having no appreciation at all).

That is a quantum leap!

The good thing is you improved and if you keep improving its a good sign that your doing things right, your suit is awesome i think you are the first mark 8, congrats

The good thing is you improved and if you keep improving its a good sign that your doing things right, your suit is awesome i think you are the first mark 8, congrats

thank you...hmmm i wonder if i can make the next one fly lol if i build another im gonna work on it for like six months and do all the electronic flaps and such...but im gonna wait for the movie to come out.or see what the avengers 2 has to offer

Last edited:
Wow, just wow. The suit looks fantastic, and to know that it has been done freehand just blows me away. You may be modest about the skills you have, but we all know the truth!!!

here is a few shots of the my mark 3 helmet after the cheek and ear modifications.....i still gotta pop the eyes back in and im gonna see what i can do about the electronic flip up well atleast see what radioshack has to offer instore...dont realy have time to wait and order stuff

Love the suit Tribal. I look forward to seeing you around town this Halloween. I'll be sure to let folks know that a fellow RPF'er made it completely by hand. Gonna have to pick your brains on where you get your foam.

THIS IS SSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOMMMMME but just one thing your armor look alil squary though but it is awesome and the color sheme is perfect !

Love the suit Tribal. I look forward to seeing you around town this Halloween. I'll be sure to let folks know that a fellow RPF'er made it completely by hand. Gonna have to pick your brains on where you get your foam.

Micheals, hobby lobby, and big lots has the 6 ft roles of 8mm

Also i plan to win the contests at mai tai bar, razzles, and bishops..... Im hopeing the crowd starts chanting "IRON MAN"

ok this is totally freakin awesome! I need to know a few things. First of all how much will you charge me for one and second can you make sizes to fit? I will be attending a comicon in San Antonio in March and would love to show up in this! It would blow everyone away!

ok this is totally freakin awesome! I need to know a few things. First of all how much will you charge me for one and second can you make sizes to fit? I will be attending a comicon in San Antonio in March and would love to show up in this! It would blow everyone away!

you're quick to assume he is a costume making factory.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back