Iron Man 3 "MARK 8 Armor" foam build

i am proud to say i have finished the iron man 3 armor....60 days ago i started with the arc reactor and now close to 1000 individual hand cut pieces shaped and glued together to create in my eyes one of my greatest artistic feats i have ever ventured upon...i will post the picture tomorrow evening when everything has had enough time to dry...i gotta say im gonna enjoy the next twenty days before my first costume contest.....stay tuned for the unveiling

Thank you very much....but anyone can build these...artistic abilities are a plus...but the key to success for one of these is patience and basic understanding...for example have you or anyone ever put together a desk or entertainment center from Walmart with out looking at the instructions and only using the picture on the front of the packaging it came in?. You just figure it out....pretty much the same thing just different set of tools and materials...or thats atleast my opinion

I actually laughed out loud when I read your post! You are clearly modest sir.. Yes I've built models from a picture.. and have built a desk or two without the instructions..but the pieces were made already. I'm sure I could assemble the suit, but what you have done is truly a work of art. All you people who do this are artists in my opinion. I'm sure as I read and question more.. I may be able to attempt this someday.. but for right now.. I am just a total geeky noob... impressed by all the work I have seen. Cant wait to see the pics of the completed suit!

Here is a shot of the upper torso....the helmet is still drying and tacky to the touch....when thats dry im gonna suit up and have a little photoshoot

Hey TG how ya doing? I've been following the birth of your creation and i must say. You are one sick puppy... Your skill level is impressive. I look foward to the finished product. All the best man...GM

I actually laughed out loud when I read your post! You are clearly modest sir.. Yes I've built models from a picture.. and have built a desk or two without the instructions..but the pieces were made already. I'm sure I could assemble the suit, but what you have done is truly a work of art. All you people who do this are artists in my opinion. I'm sure as I read and question more.. I may be able to attempt this someday.. but for right now.. I am just a total geeky noob... impressed by all the work I have seen. Cant wait to see the pics of the completed suit!

I actually laughed out loud at you laughing out loud! I agree, Tribal is being supremely modest and He has really made this armor grow on me as well.
I too have assembled tons of things and could rebuild my car if I had all the parts, but as you say all those parts are cast already. Doing this without pepakura would make this a dead end for me regardless of my desire..
Love this build.
M

Hey TG how ya doing? I've been following the birth of your creation and i must say. You are one sick puppy... Your skill level is impressive. I look foward to the finished product. All the best man...GM

thanks you very much...this believe it or not is only my second build...but first legit build...when i do the final test fitting tonight or tomorrow and post the pics...im gonna do a side by side picture of the one i built last year next to the one i built this year....you guys are gonna laugh your asses off with how crappy looking my first one looks

I actually laughed out loud at you laughing out loud! I agree, Tribal is being supremely modest and He has really made this armor grow on me as well.
I too have assembled tons of things and could rebuild my car if I had all the parts, but as you say all those parts are cast already. Doing this without pepakura would make this a dead end for me regardless of my desire..
Love this build.
M

thankyou as well....its true i used no such pepakura file and made my own templets...for the guys who do pepakura suits my hat is off to you guys...i dont have the patiences for all that lol...

one way i thought about doing this suit was take the picture of the actual suit and using an art projector shooting up against the wall and then positioning it at just the right distance to mimic my height and size..then draw the templets onto the paper attached to the wall...but that was to much of a headach in the long run....so free hand is the way to go for the armor

Here you got folks...there is what it looks like all together....yes it looks taller then me cause if you remember earlier in the thread i lifted it with an extra sole to put light in the feet

Sweet! That's a great suit mate, as much as the colour scheme grates on me (personal preference) the Mk VIII suit looks awesome structurally and you've done an awesome job of doing it freehand!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back