Iron Man 3 SUITS project [PIC HEAVY] : IM 95% Complete|IP Started 12/02

quovadis0920

Sr Member
Hi guys. It's me again. :facepalm My Mk7 suit is nearing its end so I thought maybe I could spice things up a little bit. First of all, when I first saw the suit for the upcoming movie IronMan 3 I said to myself that they are really making it hard for costume replica builders to make one like it, and that they broke the tradition of the classic red/gold color scheme. At first I didn't like the suit honestly. But when I started revisiting my comic book collection, it kinda grew on me.

Secondly, I know I've been here for a while now, but I still consider myself a Newbie when it comes to things like this. I still ask other members for their opinions and suggestions as I believe we all have rooms for improvement. I would like to thank the guys who helped me with my resin suits when I started namely Finhead, ProjectEarth and Surreal Studios [Sir Kagn] for the tips and for answering my queries, STEALTH for the support and ideas [especially in Facebook, you 'da man stef! :thumbsup], DonRobert, Roy, gaiatron for the file unfolds and the list goes on [yes I do have a lot of people to thank here for giving me the motivation and inspiration for continuing these projects].

And now for the main part.
These were made by eye so sorry for not providing any templates. But if you'd like, feel free to ask and I'll try to help you out.

I'm still using the same rubber thickness that I used with my mk7. For the details, I used 2 different rubber sheets with different thicknesses. I'm also planning to have my helmet and backflaps motorized for this suit. I started with the parts from the bottom up this time around to work with the proper proportion for this suit. If you'd notice, the suit is nearly skin tight.

On to the pictures!

Shins
549581_485035154840816_868107210_n.jpg

521877_485035174840814_1813126322_n.jpg

531091_485035194840812_1556243340_n.jpg

564408_485035228174142_1249098602_n.jpg

205982_485035261507472_455997559_n.jpg

424283_485035281507470_1242198083_n.jpg

405310_485035348174130_1125121723_n.jpg

524557_486268244717507_1393844278_n.jpg

185064_486268271384171_1552799388_n.jpg

405341_486268294717502_397715413_n.jpg

Thighs
547963_489658127711852_1466157714_n.jpg

539449_489658157711849_599964281_n.jpg

296657_489658181045180_363432404_n.jpg

387034_489658197711845_670757867_n.jpg

251507_489658211045177_330341358_n.jpg

644321_489658231045175_1813666062_n.jpg

217908_489658271045171_344415031_n.jpg

As for the helmet, I'd like to thank Labsic for providing the file. :thumbsup Helmet made from sintra backed with fiberglass [Thankyou gemini khan for the idea:thumbsup]
644518_488825237795141_1555455088_n.jpg

I'm currently working on the codpiece. I'll try to post updated pics as fast as I can as I'm working really slow with this suit to have it more detailed and as close as possible to the suit released in SDCC 2012 and puffy painting the spidey suit I purchased from DamnGoodPaul so it might take a while [good job on the print btw Paul :thumbsup] to have this done, but hopefully I can finish it before the release of the movie.

Cheerios!:thumbsup

Last edited:
Re: Iron Man 3 Suit Attempt [PIC HEAVY]

awesome work. What foam/rubber are you using? It looks like on on top of another? If that's the case, did you have to cut a template of everything twice? I'm not really understanding your method to achieve your end result here.

Nonetheless, I love it. Fantastic stuff. Keep it up!

... Dude, you are up there with the greats. This looks (excuse my french) ****ing amazing. I will be following this with a LOT of interest.

Its looking great. I don't get all the hate on the new suit, personally I love the way it looks.

AIRONMAN-3-CHEST-DONE-326156301

Dude I hope this pic may be help you with your armor, Im not the author of this pic

Airondan Out

you are starting to get even better than you were before! AMAZING WORK!

Thank you sir! Oh and I sent a reply to your pm.:thumbsup

awesome work. What foam/rubber are you using? It looks like on on top of another? If that's the case, did you have to cut a template of everything twice? I'm not really understanding your method to achieve your end result here.

Nonetheless, I love it. Fantastic stuff. Keep it up!

Thank you sir. I'm using the regular rubber that every foam iron man builder has been using, the one with the zigzag patterns on the other side[I think they're called anti-fatigue mats]. The zigzag rubber is the base, then I add more thinner rubber on top for detail. The white rubber is a lot thicker that the black thin one that I'm using for the detail since I've noticed that the new suit has somewhat layered armor plates. Yes I did have 2 copies of templates for each part, one for the base and one for drawing the detail in then after cutting them, trace onto rubber and glue over to the part. Hope that helps. :thumbsup

Nice potensial :) looking forward to see a complete suit .... and right colour

Thank you! Yeah the right colors are going to be a major pain since the pictures I've gathered have different lighting/shading in them. :cry

this is going to be legendary :thumbsup

Thanks man! Really appreciate it! :thumbsup

Wow! That is amazing, to think that the helmet is sintra :eek:

Thank you sir! Your WM Helm is also amazing! I've referred your helmet to a friend of mine. Do inform me if you're doing copies of it :thumbsup

... Dude, you are up there with the greats. This looks (excuse my french) ****ing amazing. I will be following this with a LOT of interest.

Thank you sir! Your words means a lot! :thumbsup

I Just got goosebumbs...

Thank you! :thumbsup

Its looking great. I don't get all the hate on the new suit, personally I love the way it looks.

Thank you! I think we all felt the same at first.

Good start on the new suit.

Thank you sir! :thumbsup

Hoooo!!! Dude, excellent job it going to be irontastic the new mark-xlvii foam

Thank you! I'm planning to have some parts in sintra so I can put mechanisms in them. Hopefully though, it'll work out. :thumbsup

AIRONMAN-3-CHEST-DONE-326156301

Dude I hope this pic may be help you with your armor, Im not the author of this pic

Airondan Out

Dude i think there's something wrong with the pic. I was really anxious seeing it. :)

Could you post your files? I would like to make a mark 8. Thank you.

Oh sorry 'bout that sir but i did not use any files in creating these. They were just done by eye. Wish I could share the templates though, unfortunately they were drawn on paper.

your skillz are gettin better and better with each suit. cant wait to see more:popcorn:thumbsup

Thanks doc! I'm thinking of using your methods for the bendy parts on this one since the back of the knee and on the elbow parts are toughly covered by armor :thumbsup

Anyway guys stay tuned as I'm nearing the end of the codpiece. Details are hilariously gruesome. :cry Especially the layering effect of the armor. Hopefully I can post them tomorrow morning.

Cheerios! :thumbsup

Thank you sir! Oh and I sent a reply to your pm.:thumbsup

Thank you sir. I'm using the regular rubber that every foam iron man builder has been using, the one with the zigzag patterns on the other side[I think they're called anti-fatigue mats]. The zigzag rubber is the base, then I add more thinner rubber on top for detail. The white rubber is a lot thicker that the black thin one that I'm using for the detail since I've noticed that the new suit has somewhat layered armor plates. Yes I did have 2 copies of templates for each part, one for the base and one for drawing the detail in then after cutting them, trace onto rubber and glue over to the part. Hope that helps. :thumbsup

Thank you! Yeah the right colors are going to be a major pain since the pictures I've gathered have different lighting/shading in them. :cry

Thanks man! Really appreciate it! :thumbsup

Thank you sir! Your WM Helm is also amazing! I've referred your helmet to a friend of mine. Do inform me if you're doing copies of it :thumbsup

Thank you sir! Your words means a lot! :thumbsup

Thank you! :thumbsup

Thank you! I think we all felt the same at first.

Thank you sir! :thumbsup

Thank you! I'm planning to have some parts in sintra so I can put mechanisms in them. Hopefully though, it'll work out. :thumbsup

Dude i think there's something wrong with the pic. I was really anxious seeing it. :)

Oh sorry 'bout that sir but i did not use any files in creating these. They were just done by eye. Wish I could share the templates though, unfortunately they were drawn on paper.

Thanks doc! I'm thinking of using your methods for the bendy parts on this one since the back of the knee and on the elbow parts are toughly covered by armor :thumbsup

Anyway guys stay tuned as I'm nearing the end of the codpiece. Details are hilariously gruesome. :cry Especially the layering effect of the armor. Hopefully I can post them tomorrow morning.

Cheerios! :thumbsup

Yeah im gonna do some, be sure to check my thread for updates :)

i love the way this looks, even unpainted.

what did you use to fill your seams ? or is it just some glue spill or something? there seems to be some sort of filler spread on the shins :)

It looks like you are moving right a long on this. It looks great now, I can only imagine what it will look like when finished!

OH. MY. GOODNESS.

I think a little pee just came out.

Awesome progress. I'm certainly sticking around for this...

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back