Iron Man 3 SUITS project [PIC HEAVY] : IM 95% Complete|IP Started 12/02

Re: Iron Man 3 Suit Attempt [PIC HEAVY] : Teaser Sealed Parts 11/06

Oh those are just rotatable belt clips I found at our local dress shop. Works like a charm on joints. :thumbsup

awesooooooome... !!! i want to build one like this..

Thanks! You can use IMIM2's mk47 files he has on his thread. Unfortunately I didn't use his files for this one.

WOW!... You're suit coming along nicely.(y)thumbsup

I must say, your MK8 suit proportion really looks great and you making it freehand is just amazing!

Now I think you may not worry about the helmet thing... its been started ;):thumbsup (working on it non-stop... lol)

keep building man... cheers!

Thank you sir! That's what I like about you, you always have what I need! :love Just put me down on the 1st spot if 'ya know what I mean. :thumbsup

Awesome work there! The actual foam colors white/black looks good, now see the paint :popcorn

Thanks! Don't worry, fully finished suit [without helmet] really comin' soon! :love

Wow, I know this has been said before, but this looks amazing - specially for a freehand - specially without a mannequin to lay out the parts... your brain must be amazing at converting 3D to 2D... a rare talent!
Keep on building!

Thanks my friend :thumbsup Yes building without a full body mannequin is quite hard, good thing there's a huge mirror you can check the parts on.

two thumbs up...

cheers!

Thanks sir roy! :thumbsup

How Sick is that suit dude.. F'kin amazing work man

Thanks man! More to come. :cool

Anyway, as promised, I'm done with sealing the parts. Now onto the paint. Will do it by tomorrow, right after my hands have taken their much awaited rest. Sanding is the real deal on this one :cry

Enjoy! :thumbsup

430622_516052838405714_1108612663_n.jpg

394044_516052795072385_655545768_n.jpg\

Full reveal comin' really soon. Still waitin' for my grandma to send my therealstark arc reactor. :cry

Stay tuned! :thumbsup

Re: Iron Man 3 Suit Attempt [PIC HEAVY] : Ready for Paint! Update 11/09

As you can see, no more seams! And a near fiberglass finish.

262065_516691031675228_2088971100_n.jpg

And the suit so far.

484978_516689928342005_751095446_n.jpg

I think I got the red right.

This is it...almost there man. Legendary status awaits you.

wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait to see this finished keep firing brother you are breaking ground here, as we say in my area its (pure teckle)

This is great stuff! no pep files? done just by yourself? you are a real Artist!

What red color are you using for the paint job?

Keep up the awesome work!

mmfox

This is it...almost there man. Legendary status awaits you.

This ^ :thumbsup :thumbsup Thanks pare! :) Will create the video real soon so don't worry. :thumbsup

Great suit! I love this !! One of the best foam ones I saw up here

Thank you sir! I appreciate it! :thumbsup

wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait to see this finished keep firing brother you are breaking ground here, as we say in my area its (pure teckle)

Thank you sir! Keep checkin' in for more updates :thumbsup

Amazing build.

This is great stuff! no pep files? done just by yourself? you are a real Artist!

What red color are you using for the paint job?

Keep up the awesome work!

mmfox

Thank you sir! All the colors I'm using for this build have been custom mixed by the paintshop I'm buying the paints from since I'm using an air compressor and a spray gun. But for the red, I think they primarily used Flamingo red and added some more bright pearl red to the mix. Hope that helps. If I come across a certain color of paint in a can that matches the color I used, I'll just post it here for reference. :thumbsup

Anyway I'm nearly finished with the back and chest. Just need to lay down the silver and clear then everything's good to go. Now regarding this build, in my OP, just to clear things out, I mentioned a lot of people who helped me with my builds, not just this one. I specifically thanked gaiatron for the file unfolds not for this build, but for the other builds that I used pep files for it (I.E mk7 and mk6) and the labsic helmet that I tried before. Please do some research first before accusing me of using pep files for this build. Heck I don't even know how to make complicated models in 3d! :facepalm I'm not even sure how some people find information that I used pep files for this build since I built the chest and back earlier than when IMIM2 and helagak released their files. :confused Sorry for this folks, just wanted to let it out.

Oh and I nearly forgot, people of therpf, thank you for giving this build more than 10k views. Just made my day. :D
Anyway, I'll post the pics once I get home. So stay tuned for that. :thumbsup

Re: Iron Man 3 Suit Attempt [PIC HEAVY] : Torso Paint Nearly done. 11/12

Jealous, too xD
Anyway, what's the code of the color you are using for the yellow parts?
Are you using a spry or a brush?

awesome build! nice trick on the joint with those swivel pieces...i also like how you use different thicknesses of foam. since you freehand i was wondering what your process is for lets say for example making the abs or the thigh piece. i was curious and would like to learn from you since i see im going to have to free hand some parts for my build.

Wow. I am jealous...

Haha. :lol You can build your own. Or if you'd like, you can wait for IMIM2 and helagak's mk47 files.

Jealous, too xD
Anyway, what's the code of the color you are using for the yellow parts?
Are you using a spry or a brush?

As I've said, it was custom mixed by the paint store I bought the paint from, and yes I am using a spray gun, the big one and an airbrush.

nice!!!!!!!!!

Thanks man! :thumbsup

awesome build! nice trick on the joint with those swivel pieces...i also like how you use different thicknesses of foam. since you freehand i was wondering what your process is for lets say for example making the abs or the thigh piece. i was curious and would like to learn from you since i see im going to have to free hand some parts for my build.

Thanks for the compliment. :thumbsup Just look at the reference pictures, trace them on paper. Basically you have to sketch or trace all the sides and angles on paper. Make sure you just sketch the basic shape, don't put in the details yet. Cut it and assemble it on cardboard. This will be your mockup piece. Then using a mirror, try it on your body and see if it's right. Once you got it right, add the details on the paper mockup again [make sure you make 2 copies of the mockup for safe keeping] and cut the details. Now trace the basic pattern onto the rubber and assemble it. Once that is done, try the paper details onto the piece first, just to see if they need adjustments. Once you got 'em fixed, trace them onto the thinner rubber, cut it and glue it onto the basic piece. Using a sharp pointed pen, put in the needed detail lines by running the pen at least 5 times, this will make a cleaner look for the lines compared to a soldering iron. That's basically it. A trial and error process. :love

I'm still not yet done with the paintjob, and I encountered some minor problems with it. :cry But anyhow, I found some good shots from my cell cam. The colors really vary with camera flash, lighting and angles. Here are some.

550727_518321861512145_1380941329_n.jpg

230025_518321894845475_1618183571_n.jpg

72121_518321961512135_283598346_n.jpg

150205_518321994845465_644139497_n.jpg

396743_518322041512127_806338167_n.jpg

I'll be laying the silver and clear on my day-off. Hopefully, everything will work out well.

Stay tuned.:thumbsup

Woooaaah!! I know everybody is saying the same, but, IT´S RELLY GOOD!! Amazing work!! And it looks great suit it up!!

???

I thought I already posted in here.

Nice progress.

I found the tan was a bit too pale? Flash will have something to do with it.
There are chrome and grey (silver), hope you haven't do the silver, because there are some spot I noticed that supposed to be silver.

I didn't see too metallic shine for the red and tan, was it intentionally like that, or again,it was the camera?

Just to clear up, your torso is not similar to my build, and you are right, yours was finished before I even complete the pep.

Man your legs are sexy, well not your legs but your Iron Man legs lol :). What is that putty like cream thingy you use to seal the front foam on the shins?

Woooaaah!! I know everybody is saying the same, but, IT´S RELLY GOOD!! Amazing work!! And it looks great suit it up!!

Thanks man! Words like yours keep me motivated! :thumbsup

Wow great job

Thanks man! :thumbsup

???

I thought I already posted in here.

Nice progress.

I found the tan was a bit too pale? Flash will have something to do with it.
There are chrome and grey (silver), hope you haven't do the silver, because there are some spot I noticed that supposed to be silver.

I didn't see too metallic shine for the red and tan, was it intentionally like that, or again,it was the camera?

Just to clear up, your torso is not similar to my build, and you are right, yours was finished before I even complete the pep.

It was with the camera and flash, and yup, the silver parts hasn't been laid out yet in the previous pics. I've already laid them together with the clear as we speak. Hopefully it'll turn out great :sleep. Thanks for helping to clear things up mate! Appreciate it! :thumbsup

Man your legs are sexy, well not your legs but your Iron Man legs lol :). What is that putty like cream thingy you use to seal the front foam on the shins?

Haha it's okay man I get it. Yours is pretty sexy, too! And congrats on the build and bulk. You've lost a lot! :loveIt's regular bondo bud, I use it since the rubber thickness is thicker than usual, it won't crack once worn.

That looks super awesome! Just curious, how thick was the foam that you used for the shins?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back