Green Arrow from Arrow TV show.

Pretty nice. The improved one is awesome. Here's a pic of mine although I didn't build it I bought it :( but I still love it though. I'm in the middle of building the bow now. IMG_20130710_104037.jpg

This cosplay video from DragonCon shows the suit in action at the very beginning

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my "Arrow" jacket and gloves for this years Halloween festivites and Cosplay at the next con...I was wondering can anybody tell me what Quiver was used on the back of the character. I know the one on the forearm is a modified rubber quiver but I'm looking for the "backpack-like" quiver used or anything similar...Thanks in advance.

I just used a black leather quiver from Amazon that I covered in green fabric. I had to fabricate the strap system.

I just used a black leather quiver from Amazon that I covered in green fabric. I had to fabricate the strap system.

Ah ok awesome. Thanks for the quick reply. I got my jacket and i'm not too happy with it. I've gotta look for another one where I stitch this green hood onto. What kind of jacket did you use as the base...I'm looking for a form fitting jacket and I don't care if I have to scour eBay or craigslist I def. need to get one like you have just need a starting point. LoL Thanks

Last edited:
After LOTS of sanding I got to the point where all the varnish was off, but you still had the layers of red. It was very much diminished but still visible. After I wrapped with leather and string, and added all the brass bits and did my carvings there wasn't that much red still visible. To diminish the color further I took a wax crayon used for furniture repair and rubbed it over the wood. The color I used was a light maple. This really toned down any remaining red. You can still see the stripes, but they're not bad. I saw someone else paint their entire stock, but it doesn't look very natural. You can see the stripes in this photo:

246620-dragoncon2013.png

Two hours of sanding with paper - grit 60 - 200 on my Samick Riser and have achieved nothing but a slight tone of colour change... grrr

- - - Updated - - -

Wickley; Thanks for the advice, I got really disheartened when I read that the other person painted theirs (and yes it doesn't look too natural) and thought I'd gotten it all wrong and was killing my bow but thank you for reaffirming Im on the right track following in your footsteps

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back