Green Arrow from Arrow TV show.

Got the straight chock in and its pretty much mocked up now minus the wrap around the handle which i'm waiting to use after I scruff up the riser and stain it then take a wood burning pen to put the symbols on the side then put it all back together.

Last edited:
Just realized I hijacked wickley's thread without meaning too.:facepalm:facepalm I'll re-post everything under the replica props section since that's all i'm showing for now. If the admins could remove my posts on this thread please. Sorry about that wickley

Whoa! that thing looks so cool! Exactly like the show. What kind of bow did you start with? Like the model or brand. I know it's a recurve but the exact name always seems to elude me. please help. thanks.

Hey no problems. It's the nature of the community to come together on these things. Don't worry about removing any threads.

Just realized I hijacked wickley's thread without meaning too.:facepalm:facepalm I'll re-post everything under the replica props section since that's all i'm showing for now. If the admins could remove my posts on this thread please. Sorry about that wickley

Greetings,

One question for those who have put the bow together; what have you used to wrap the hinges to the riser? I thought it was some kind of fishing line (which would fit with the nautical additions to the bow), but I'm no longer sure that would be the right choice. It looks like some sort of tape or wrapping in the close up shots.

Any input would be appreciated.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

This hasn't really been clear to anyone. The bow looks different between different shots, and I think they have two different sizes they use for shooting, one a longer, adult sized bow and one is obviously a smaller bow. I based mine on the prop that was on display at San Diego Comic Con in 2012. I didn't see it in person, but there were some decent photos that made it online. Some of the recent episodes make it look like a gold tape of some sort. I used a waxed string on mine. I'm very happy with the effect it gave.

Greetings,

One question for those who have put the bow together; what have you used to wrap the hinges to the riser? I thought it was some kind of fishing line (which would fit with the nautical additions to the bow), but I'm no longer sure that would be the right choice. It looks like some sort of tape or wrapping in the close up shots.

Any input would be appreciated.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

I just ordered my bow and limbs from Lancaster Archery. Can't wait to get it and start the project. I'll be sure to post pics whenever I get it!

Wickley could you plz post a clear picture of the symboles on the bow, I just got actual type of now they use on the show and would like to get started thank you

Last edited:
Oh cool, I hadn't seen any pictures of myself from Comic Con. The suit is now a mix of elements from my original and the one for sale at Cosplaysky. The pants from Cosplaysky are pretty decent, and my seamstress was going to charge way more to make me a pair.

Here's a pic someone snapped at SD Comic Con. I'm actually going to do a full photoshoot at Dragon*Con, so I should be able to post some good pictures.

JLA_Wall.JPG

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back