Green Arrow from Arrow TV show.

I think I found the same recurve riser they used on the show. It's from a Samick Red Stag Takedown recurve Bow. But the size of the entire bow is 60". So that means they had to use smaller recurve limbs so maybe they used the limbs from the Polaris 48" take down bow.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
That would by why the larger box strap hinge didn't fit in the arrow shelf area on mine. You can buy the Polaris limbs separate...

I think I found the same recurve riser they used on the show. It's from a Samick Red Stag Takedown recurve Bow. But the size of the entire bow is 60". So that means they had to use smaller recurve limbs so maybe they used the limbs from the Polaris 48" take down bow.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Looks that way but then you have to figure out what size bow string to get now as the Red Stag riser looks longer than the Polaris riser and the bow string that comes with the Polaris 48" riser wouldn't work now. You could guess but if your wrong your wasting money on getting the right string length.

absolutely incredible! I've been trying to find a bow for my Movie Room at the house, thanks for the info on it. I'm going to have to build one now:thumbsup

Wickley, do you know what length the boat cleat is of the one you finally found that works for you so I can see if I can find that one online?

Yeah- don't buy that chock! I bought one from there and the area between the two cleats isn't wide enough for your hand to fit (and I have pretty small hands). There are other chocks where the cleats flare out closer to the end of the chock.

Thanks wickley, the same website for the box staps you posted has the straight chock in brass at 6 in long

Yeah, I was looking at 2 websites for the one I just purchased, and one site was gonna charge me $24 for shipping for the chock that was worth $16 I lucked out and found it at a different site for the same price but $8 for usps. That and to find the right grip tape I had to find 10 speed bicycle handlebar tape since I couldn't find it as baseball bat grip tape. Only thing left to get is the bow string after I get the riser and limbs since it's gonna be a custom fit since its a mix match with those two.

Last edited:
So I got the Samick red sage riser and 48" limbs in today the riser is the right size for sure as you can see in the pic below the correct box strap fits it easily. The problem is the limbs don't. The riser bolt is to wide for the limb hole, plus the riser has a detent sticking out to keep the limb stationary. The limb doesn't have a recess for the detent so both of those won't make it work. Now I think I have this fixed as the CW Arrow site kindly showed a pick of the bow drawn back and after having both the riser and the limbs in my hand I think they just used the whole Samick red stag bow as the 48" limbs are too short to bend that way with this riser. So I went ahead and ordered off for the red stag limbs now. Had to take my titanium drill bits and start from smallest to largest to drill out brass bit to separate the box straps and then drill a bigger hole on the bottom of box strap that goes over the limb that the riser bolt goes thru to make it work. Here is the mock up minus the knuckle guard and limbs before staining and marking the symbols.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back