Avengers Thor Help!! Im new!!!

luna92

I very recently got into EVE foam building and I really want to make a cool Thor costume.
My biggest dilemma is the signature 6 circle pods on the torso and waist.
Can anybody help me out please?? Any idea how to make the spherical but not too much?
And I also would like to know what options I have on sealing the foam. All I know is Elmers glue

Making them spherical is easy.Find the mid point of the circle and then cut a line to there.After that move over a fraction of an inch from the line you just cut and cut a very small pie shape with the end of the cut ending at the mid point again.Basically it needs to look like a pizza with a small slice taken out.Then glue the two two places you cut together.

If you male small even tiny cuts you can get a pretty good idea of how much you need to cut. This isnt really "spherical" as in hemi-sphere but Ive seen good results posted on the forums using this technique.

Here's the illustration on what spydrwebz was talking about (upper one).
However, if you make the cut a bit rounded (lower one), you can make it closer to Thor's circle.
This is only illustration, you may want to tweak the shape to match that.
Hope it helps.

Try this. Cut the foam into circle. Get hair blow dryer and heat up the front of that foam until it softens. Then massage the back of it with something rounded like a golf ball until you get the shape that you want. You might wanna do the detailing before you do this. I hope this helps. Enjoy. :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back