Pepakura Proton Pack Build (Pic heavy) UPGRADES!

Re: Pepakura Proton Pack Build (Pic heavy) **DONE**

ProtonPack_zps9c51a35e.jpg

I actually started this in 2009, but had sound added in 2010. Exoray shell, proptronix gun lights and pack lights, Multimedia Mayhem gun kit and greeblies, and some bits and pieces from the GBFans.com store. I went a little overboard with the weathering so after seeing your build, I will be stripping her down and giving her a new coat of paint for the upcoming season and redoing the absolute craziness of cleaning up the internal wiring. I was in a rush to have it wearable for Halloween and never revisited it because we do a lot of appearances locally, but after seeing your build, I now have a goal to shoot for. Again, great work and congratulations on your build!

Re: Pepakura Proton Pack Build (Pic heavy) **DONE**

It's a nice pack! I do see what you are talking about on the weathering. Anytime I have tried that I get the same result. I just figured that since I live in an old Chicago home and have a 19 month old it's bound to get "weathered".

So I had the full Crix light and sound kit and really do like it a lot. But then GBfans came out with a new sound and pack light kit that not only was inexpensive it had a TON on features that I wanted.

The new board greatly increases what my pack can do. Now can run dual speakers, interactive sounds and movie quotes AND a 3.5mm jack that I can plug an iPod into. (I was just blasting Lady Marmalade from Mulan Rouge through it.. Because I can.) Next up... BLUETOOTH!

Crud! Someone just gave me a heads-up that a bunch of my image links are broken. Is it taboo to go in and edit all of them as a fix? Is there a preferred method? I love the interwebs... :facepalm

Re: Pepakura Proton Pack Build (Pic heavy)

I'm a daddy, too (mine are 4 and 7 - both girls)
I'd love to do casting and 3D printing and am going going back to University next year to do a SFX degree (I'll be 43!)
Like you, I have taken many tips from the skilled people here and have done things I'd never thought I'd achieve.

Keep it up my friend :)

You guys are very inspiring!!! 45 and Dad of 2. Just getting into building props/pep etc... Awesome to see others reaching such heights ! I hope I can follow suit!!!

=================================
Lots of ideas and ambition, growing skills...
Learning the ropes and trying to apply things as I learn...

Wow pep Proton pack!!! in the end who would know this started out life as paper. Just to hit on your first post. you have years of body work under your belt you should be a natural at this type of thing, all the patience that comes with fixing up rust holes in vehicles. Your work is great, i`ve seen better and I have seen a lot worse. when I get to attempt my first build I hope it comes out half as nice as this one has. A lot of people are a bit afraid to post up their wip pics due to the skill level of some of the members. the entire point is to post up and if needed all of that skill and experience will offer help and hints, unlike most communities I find the rpf to be one of the most open and helpful groups online. no matter what your fandom is there is others here who share your fandom. there is others here whom by far out crazy your crazy love for a certin show or genre so don't be shy I have yet to see someone totally trash another members build, I`ve seen nothing but support and encouragement from the members of this site, I for one will have no fear of posting when I have something started because I know if there are any criticisms it will be done with the intent to help not belittle the effort going into what ever I am trying to reproduce.

You have the patience of a GOD! I cannot believe you did a pep proton pack! Truly amazing work!

Thanks man!

Wow pep Proton pack!!! in the end who would know this started out life as paper. Just to hit on your first post. you have years of body work under your belt you should be a natural at this type of thing, all the patience that comes with fixing up rust holes in vehicles. Your work is great, i`ve seen better and I have seen a lot worse. when I get to attempt my first build I hope it comes out half as nice as this one has. A lot of people are a bit afraid to post up their wip pics due to the skill level of some of the members. the entire point is to post up and if needed all of that skill and experience will offer help and hints, unlike most communities I find the rpf to be one of the most open and helpful groups online. no matter what your fandom is there is others here who share your fandom. there is others here whom by far out crazy your crazy love for a certin show or genre so don't be shy I have yet to see someone totally trash another members build, I`ve seen nothing but support and encouragement from the members of this site, I for one will have no fear of posting when I have something started because I know if there are any criticisms it will be done with the intent to help not belittle the effort going into what ever I am trying to reproduce.

Thank you, considering I had never done anything with Pepakura before I am pretty proud of it. My winter project will be to redo the thrower. There are a few things I got wrong. I am still waffling on getting a Nick-A-Tron kit. We'll see...

Once again, Alan, inspirational build! (I just joined here too, good to see you!)

Your build(s) are what got me doing pepakura in exactly the same manner! Rock on, man.

This is incredible!!! I have a friend that started his proton pep then kinda abandoned it. Guess I'll be showing him this thread to get him back in gear. I personally love pep, especially when taken to the extreme, as you've done here. Great work again.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back