Pepakura Proton Pack Build (Pic heavy) UPGRADES!

Re: Pepakura Proton Pack Build (Pic heavy) **DONE**

I've never been more lost for words................................ just brilliant

Thanks guys! This build was the most fun and stressful thing I have ever done. Now my problem is... I'm bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored.

But, I was looking at some of the Judge Dredd builds and it's got me thinking. I just have to figure out how to explain who Judge Dredd is to my wife and why I need a TON of gold paint.

Anyone know where to find the Pep files for his shoulders? :lol

Brilliant work! You are one dedicated mofo:lol

I'm a graphic artist too located in the far west suburbs of Chicago!

I added the Crix sound system to my pack and got it dailed in where I'm happy with it. Here are some pics -

525638_10151184727908398_497009643_n.jpg

Mounted everything on one board so that I could keep the bolts in the back of the pack to a minimum.

553628_10151184728013398_1757650920_n.jpg

292837_10151184728148398_4802627_n.jpg

Not a fun task. Not looking to do it again. -
315616_10151184728433398_1019236976_n.jpg

66285_10151184728563398_2036021756_n.jpg

Kill switch and recharging port -
58702_10151186054623398_88817672_n.jpg

It's more of a birds next now. I just forgot to take a picture before I closed it up
525695_10151186054963398_84555220_n.jpg

Midwestern Ghostbusters Coalition sticker -
68421_10151195288098398_2121711560_n.jpg

I also stashed a small push button that plays the pack start up with continues hum ala the elevator scene. (One of my favorites and while not accurate it makes me happy)

29352_10151195288258398_383461530_n.jpg

That's about it for a while on upgrades. Down the road I plan on replacing some of the resin greebles with actual aluminum parts and some real Clippard valves. But after I sealed it up today I was happy to say "DONE!"

I like what you did with the Daughter Board, mounting all of the electronics in one place. I kinda did the same thing in my own pack.

Wow, that is a work of art. You should be proud.

Thanks! I'm glad to be done. :lol

I like what you did with the Daughter Board, mounting all of the electronics in one place. I kinda did the same thing in my own pack.

I wanted to be able to control some things without having to pull the thrower off the pack at a con and this seemed to make the most sense. It's nice to know I am not alone. :)

That is some bloody sweet work there man. Now I really must build a few packs for my friends and I here in Toronto.

This is so amazingly impressive! Excellent work on this whole project!

Hey dude, you´ve done an incredible job!!!!!!!

Keep going!!!!

Best regards from Spain.

Gobelas
TK 11011
Spanish Garrison

Hey dude, you´ve done an incredible job!!!!!!!

Keep going!!!!

Best regards from Spain.

Gobelas
TK 11011
Spanish Garrison

Thank you! I think I am pretty much done with it. I did add one of Joe Luna's aluminum top labels. And I might replace my thrower knobs with real aluminum ones later down the road. Just tinker with it here and there.

This build is absolutely amazing!! I've had the proton pack pep file for a while but always wondered how well it might turn out, seeing your build has got rid of any fears I had, i know what i'll be starting building tonight! Couple of questions for you, would you recommend rondo for the inside of the shell over fibreglass? and did you just skim body filler on the outside & sand it back?

This build is absolutely amazing!! I've had the proton pack pep file for a while but always wondered how well it might turn out, seeing your build has got rid of any fears I had, i know what i'll be starting building tonight! Couple of questions for you, would you recommend rondo for the inside of the shell over fibreglass? and did you just skim body filler on the outside & sand it back?

Thanks! Truth be told, if I did this build again the only places I would use Rondo would be the gun body, the Ion Arm and the bumper (my bumper for this pack is a cast one) I did use Rondo in the upper part of this shell because I was worried about getting too many voids in the tight spots with just fiberglass. But now I know if you get a void you can just fill it with Bondo and move on with your life.

Bondo - I'm not sure of the preferred method here in the community, but I grew up in the automotive industry and have built / owned over 20 cars and 6 motorcycles in my lifetime. The way I do bondo is in thin layers sanded down with mid then fine sandpaper. Bondo can be quite strong if done this way. (I always thing about it like a Samurai sword that is folded again and again until it has so many thin layers of steel that it is strong and flexible) one thing I loved was all these new 3M sanding sponges! I purchased a bunch of different shapes and grits and they made the job a lot easier.

Hope this helps! Let me know when you post a build thread.

Love this thread. I built a pack back in 2009, but I bought all premade parts, so I missed out on the real DIY experience. I was a complete novice and rushed through a lot of it... this has inspired me to go through my pack and make it right before the fall while I'm on break from my other prop builds. You sir, have talent and consider this a digital Crunch bar... you...you earned it. LOL

Love this thread. I built a pack back in 2009, but I bought all premade parts, so I missed out on the real DIY experience. I was a complete novice and rushed through a lot of it... this has inspired me to go through my pack and make it right before the fall while I'm on break from my other prop builds. You sir, have talent and consider this a digital Crunch bar... you...you earned it. LOL

Thank you! Would love to see your pack!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back