Green Arrow from new Arrow TV show-Pic heavy

wickley

Hey everyone,

Last year at Dragon*Con I did the Smallville Green Arrow. With the forthcoming CW series Arrow debuting a new costume, I decided to give it a go. Here are some shots from Dragon*Con.

168147-a.jpg

168146-a.jpg

169302-photo-awesome-paul-cory-dragoncon-rooftop-broad-daylight.jpg

168145-a.jpg

Last edited:
It looks leather to me.... It also looks awesome to me!! Great work and have fun knowing that you are the first person recorded to tackle this costume. Let alone ace it!!!

It's ok but the main jacket should be leather or pleather.

In the new series, the jacket is mainly leather with a suede/fabric-of-some-sort hooded section; not a whole leather jacket/hood like in Smallville.

The costume is pretty damn close.

How did you do the makeup?

I have about three to four hours to come up with a make-shift costume for carnival. I didn't know I was going until I was informed. But luckily, I have a bottle of black makeup fluid left and I'll do some sort of Punisher-with-white-contacts-and-black-Arrow-makeup because I seriously have neither the material nor the time to come up with something better. I'd be grateful for the help.

I just used some green facepaint and did a mask. There weren't any clear pictures of Arrow's facepaint when I made the suit. Now that the show has aired I will be able to get facepaint a little closer. Here is what his looks like.

Arrow05.jpg

How did you do the makeup?

I have about three to four hours to come up with a make-shift costume for carnival. I didn't know I was going until I was informed. But luckily, I have a bottle of black makeup fluid left and I'll do some sort of Punisher-with-white-contacts-and-black-Arrow-makeup because I seriously have neither the material nor the time to come up with something better. I'd be grateful for the help.

Your CW Arrow costume is awesome dude. Especially liking the arrow gauntlet brace. I'm trying hard to like the show also but the acting is a bit stiff and subpar. I still enjoy watching it though

I just used some green facepaint and did a mask. There weren't any clear pictures of Arrow's facepaint when I made the suit. Now that the show has aired I will be able to get facepaint a little closer. Here is what his looks like.
Here's what I ended up doing. I got black makeup. I smeared it across my eyes. End.

It really was that simple. The reason why I thought this might prove to be a mite more difficult is because I had the scene from Blade Runner stuck in my head where Pris applies her makeup using a sort of airbrush-device. But for what I needed, this was brilliant.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Whatever works!

Here's what I ended up doing. I got black makeup. I smeared it across my eyes. End.

It really was that simple. The reason why I thought this might prove to be a mite more difficult is because I had the scene from Blade Runner stuck in my head where Pris applies her makeup using a sort of airbrush-device. But for what I needed, this was brilliant.

Thanks for getting back to me.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back