Batman Begins Scarecrow mask-

Shades

Friend approached me about a Scarecrow mask. He was looking to buy one but wanted one custom made so we could add a few surprises to it. Seeing as how we are doing a large Arkham group for Halloween, I was pretty pumped to jump on this project.

So here is the idea...

AA7MXl.jpg

He also wanted to get the cheekbones seen here

bAnMvl.jpg

So, we started with a life cast of this head.

0urCPl.jpg

I then started playing with the clay.

kCZOFl.jpg

I wanted some cheek bones and wider and large eye sockets. The reason for this will be explained later.

wgfqHl.jpg

I then got busy with the twine and leather needle.

W7zzVl.jpg

I like the twine stitches, but the mouth bothered me. Time to take that out.

I redid the mouth, moving it up and making it larger and the stitches more irregular.

I also added burlap and fringe around the eyes where I cut the mask to make it look more natural and less "jack skellington"

Added a curve to the bridge of the nose to give it more dimension.

i8ogUl.jpg

Okay- I got a pretty good base going. I won't need to make a second.

Need to do some light paint work, but I love the overall color so I need to keep it light.

Need to figure out how it will close and how to pad the inside so it sits right on the client. It needs to come on and off with easy so drinking can occur.

We got a surprise cooking for the eyes, but I am not going to get so that for a few weeks. Need to wrap up costumes needed for mid ohio.

Very nice build! It's been a couple years, but what was the surprise for the eyes? I'm making a similar mask am trying to get some inspiration. Thanks!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back