Stars Earn Stripes

Buzz

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just out of curiosity what did everybody think about the show? Lots of guns and explosions from what I saw...of course nobody was shooting back :love

Remember in the old days actors just did the military thing because they felt it the right thing and not part of a publicity stunt? Jimmy Stuart and so many others in the WW2 era.

Remember in the old days actors just did the military thing because they felt it the right thing and not part of a publicity stunt? Jimmy Stuart and so many others in the WW2 era.

Ya, but that went away pretty soon after that. Re: Elvis.

LOL, bet that would hurt...there are practice rounds, though. Either way there'd be a shorter sign up list though.

It's not too bad, I just wish they'd move away from the whole booted off the island thing, I'm sure that if they tried they could think of something better than booting the losers off like maybe giving them some sort of time or equipment penalty. On the bright side, at least they're not voting the celebs off but having a shoot off instead.

As for it being a long commercial for the military, I don't think that it is, it's more a commercial for Lifelock and Ford. But so what if it is? It's about damned time that our military got a little more recognition for what they do day in and day out. Plus I think it helps put a human face on our mlitary and it lets people, esp. the anti-military liberals, see that our military is made of regular people, even the members of our elite like the SEALs, Army Special Forces, etc. are just down to earth people and not some faceless mob or psycho, Rambo, nut jobs.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back