DIY Back to the Future 2 Jacket

Take your time. Apply the hot glue to the edge of the foam matting and not the jacket. Wait about 4-5 seconds after you put it in place before applying pressure.That way the glue doesn't squish out.

Incredible! The tubing looks good as well. :)

Looking forward to seeing how you manage the sleeves!

BRAD you are a BEAST HAHAHAHAHHA LOOKS FRIGGEN SICK DUDE :thumbsup

So I am half way done. I too used hot glue, but I was SUPER careful. I also added more of an uprgraded pockets with the black plastic piece and also added the waist band belt. I used zipties and they worked AMAZINGLY (thanks for the idea JLeezy23)! The best part about the zipties is that the belt is removable if need be.

I also removed the lining since it was too puffy and hot. It lays much better when wearing it and feels 100 times cooler!

I still have to do the back, add the shoulder straps/black squares and then the electronics/buttons.

Dsc04930.jpg

Dsc04932.jpg

Dsc04916.jpg

Dsc04919.jpg

Dsc04922.jpg

Dsc04928.jpg

Lookin good. Glad to hear the zip-ties are working for you.

I just got my jacket in today and my first thought was about the fleece inside that you were talking about Brad. I'll be 86'ing that as well. Went to a few goodwill's today to look at office chairs with the bellows on the back to get an idea about sizing and all. I don't know which route I wanna take on that yet but would like to try and find the real deal stuff even if it is a budget jacket.

Heres a question for all you guys who know, what is used or commonly used to create the buttons for the jacket? It looks like replicas have similar if not exact buttons.

With the jackets I'm selling I'm ordering an extra jacket to use for scrap material so the pockets and arm straps are the same color. But yours turned out amazingly. How did you cut the mats so well in such a short amount of time Jedifyfe? Also did you have to poke holes in the jacket for the zip-ties to fit through?

I cut the mats with scissors.

Yes I had to poke little holes in the jacket behind the waist band.

I cut the black pieces from scrap Styrene I had laying around, then primed and painted them.

Thanks for the compliments.

I cut the mats with scissors.

Yes I had to poke little holes in the jacket behind the waist band.

I cut the black pieces from scrap Styrene I had laying around, then primed and painted them.

Thanks for the compliments.

Did you just eyeball it and draw cut lines? I want to know because if there is an easier way to do this I want to know, so I can get my jackets made faster.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back