Indianapolis Indiana prop party

Thank you Rusty for putting this together and for having us over for dinner (the ones who made it). You are a great host and look forward to this next year.

It was nice to put some faces to some names and meet them in person.
Now that I know what to expect, next year I will bring a bunch of stuff, not as much as Mark though.

Man those ladies at the library were totally...well uh... $(!@$%*@#)(%!!!

Tiffany, I sent you an e-mail about the Narnia Warrant. I want to get one off of you. Also if you have the contact info of the person who made the Never Ending Story book emblem, please send it my way.

It was fun, look forward to the next get together.

I had a great time. It was great to put faces to names, hang out, and talk props in person. I really enjoyed seeing all the props too, some of which I didn't even know were out there. (Of course that means, my "to do" list ust grew a bit. :) )

I look foreword to next the time.

First I'd like to thank everyone for coming it was a blast meeting everyone and I'm glad to have put this together.

Sporak pointed out that we never all got together for a group picture, and we never took any pictures at the cookout. So someone please remind me next year :)

A special thanks to Juno for entertaining the kids with her dragon scale workshop, looks like a whole new troop of future prop builders :cool

And a thanks goes out to Sulla for the Grail Diary it will look great with the rest of my Indiana Jones props. I'll drop by next week with some foam for your new case and some hypos.

And again thanks to evreyone who came and participated, here's to future events :thumbsup

Those that had to cancel for whatever reasons I hope you can make it next year!

Please mark your calanders for April 19th 2008, place to be determined of course.

Thanks to you Russ for your efforts as it all came off neatly and of course to everyone going to the effort to load stuff up and drive it all to indy to display.I learned a few things and got to meet many nice people for the first time.centaur

So when is the next get together? :)

I would like thank Rusty for putting this all together, I had a great time talking to members and learning a few things as well.

It was great meeting everyone. Although I'm horrible at remembering peoples faces with their board name. Saw some cool stuff. Sporak's saber collection was just crazy. Got to see a fett mystery helmet for the first time. My girlfriend fell in love with Fyberdyne's Jeanie bottles.
I never meant to get there so late. I felt like I arrived, sat down for 5 min., then started to pack everything up again.
We really need to have a prop party in Columbus, OH. A friend of mine runs the best theatre in town which also doubles for event space for rent (corporate events, gatherings, etc...) They have a bar, mini restaurant, and of course all the movie snack foods. We'd have access to one of their huge movie screen for which we could show slides of peoples work.

PS. If anyone took pics of my display, could you email me whatever photos you have. I'd love to see them.
Thanks!
gino@columbus.rr.com

I had a gteay time too. The best part was giving Gino hell. That will never stop you can't make me. It was Great to meet everyone in person. But if we meet again and I don't know you it is because I am old and forget things. Thanks for a great time
Mark

What Party are you referring to Mark? :lol Oh yea, that one...Again, it was great to meet everyone and thanks for making this old Trek Prop Geek welcome, I regret I did not have longer to hang out at the cookout, but will plan for it next year, you were a great group and I really enjoyed it.

It was a great time! I loved meeting everyone! It's always neat to see what other people collect. Although I'm not a Star Trek or Star Wars collector, see those props in person always makes me smile.

Sporak, Ham Solo, and SgtFang, your kids are AWESOME! I have no doubt that they will all take over the world once they turn 18.

Favorite props / moments (in no particular order):

- Having a table between jheilman and Chris and Deanna (and Boba Binks!)
- Seeing Sulla's grail diary in person
- Rusty's Collection of Deep Space Six props ;)
- Observing the GINO admiration society (even I have to admit that Vader is cool!) and the white Boba Fett helmet.
- Painting dragon scales with the "kids."
- The original series Trek Props the TPZ guys brought (my first prop-related item was my dad's copy of the Star Fleet handbook)
- Mis-identifying all of Mark's props except the Harry Potter ones.
- Rusty's Goonies and HP maps
- Seeing Thermalized's 1:1 scale Spindrift
- Sporak's wall of sabers
- SgtFang's gargoyle on a lawn chair
- Darth Cross' magic (and his Zathura robot)

Thank you Rusty for taking the time to organize this! I had a wonderful time.

Favorite quote of the evening:
"They're having a prop party. Whatever THAT is."

I'm all for getting together throughout the year for cookouts and whatnot if anyone else is interested or say maybe a day at Kings Island, it doesn't have to just revolve around props....:thumbsup

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back