Indianapolis Indiana prop party

I'm planning on bringing a few of my favorite props and a ship or two.... some conversation pieces, ya know? About the only thing I'd be selling are some phaser parts and a couple other odds and ends.

Maybe someday we can schedule a full-bore Prop Meet?

Just a thought.

Dave

Sporak and I have been chatting about the party, and thought it might be a good idea to have a table where kids could make / display their stuff. I know if Fairytales comes, her kids will have some stuff to show off. How many kids will be there?

Also, I'd be willing to bring my MDX-15 and run some CNC demos. It's kind of cool to see it mill in person. I wouldn't be able to mill anything for people to take with them, but I wouldn't mind demo-ing it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sector 7G @ Mar 21 2007, 02:39 PM) [snapback]1444789[/snapback]</div>
One month boys and girls :p :thumbsup
[/b]

There's going to be GGGGIRLS? :eek :love :$ :lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(juno @ Mar 21 2007, 08:24 PM) [snapback]1445008[/snapback]</div>
Sporak and I have been chatting about the party, and thought it might be a good idea to have a table where kids could make / display their stuff. I know if Fairytales comes, her kids will have some stuff to show off. How many kids will be there?

Also, I'd be willing to bring my MDX-15 and run some CNC demos. It's kind of cool to see it mill in person. I wouldn't be able to mill anything for people to take with them, but I wouldn't mind demo-ing it.
[/b]

I like both Ideas. I don't mind the little ones, but it would be a good idea, to give them something to do. There may be a lot of expensive stuff laying around, and we wouldn't want any of it to get broken. Plus, by giving them there own prop table, they might feel more like a part of the action, and that usually leads to them having a greater understanding of, and respect for, what the adults are doing.

And, the CNC would be great. It would be cool if we could take stuff home, but I completely understand why that wouldn't work, but it would still be cool to see it in action.

Jason

There will be a few people bringing their families, so yes that means kids, I like the idea of a kids table but I don't have time to really plan anything for them, however there is an entire library above our heads with a great kids section.

With this becoming a yearly event I'm going to be asking for help (ok begging) for next year, we are already double the size I thought we would be, which is a really cool thing don't get me wrong.

I'll try and get an update the first of the week, but right now its out the door to work and I'll be gone for a couple of days.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(UFP-1701 @ Mar 24 2007, 11:27 AM) [snapback]1447072[/snapback]</div>
Russ I am coming to town on Friday the 20th, I would be happy to lend a hand if needed. Let me know...
[/b]

Hi Roger, thanks for the offer almost everything is buttoned up, still have a few loose ends with the t-shirts but nothing to major. I'll be taking vacation days on Friday and Saturday so if you want to give me a ring once you get settled please do.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(staticguy @ Mar 24 2007, 02:04 PM) [snapback]1447154[/snapback]</div>
Is is too late to say I would like to be there?

I thought I was going to be in Nashville then but it's the weekend before.
[/b]

staticguy I can add you to the list still i'll shoot you a pm with the info i need from you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lord Plagus @ Mar 29 2007, 11:48 AM) [snapback]1451051[/snapback]</div>
Is there room still avail?
[/b]

Yes you still have time I'll put you down and I'll send you a pm with the details that I need to complete your registration for the prop party.

I'll probably have to set a cut off date for April 6th so that I can complete the badges, notify the library of how many attendees and order the t-shirts. So if your still on the fence about coming you have until the 6th of April to make up your mind.

I am trying to get an idea as to how many props everyone will be bringing and available table space, I want to make sure to bring enough for everyone to enjoy, but I don't want to go over board.

Well, I only have a handful. If I had 3 square feet of tabel space I'd probably have room to spare.

Hey, can we update the 1st post with all the pertinent info? Addresses, maps, times, etc?

It makes it easy for guys like me to keep track of. ;)

And did you send any hotel info? I'll have to dig through my PMs...

It has been awhile since I have been on these boards. This prop party is in my neck of the woods. I will be there to stop in and say hello.

This year for Star Wars Celebration IV I am not creating anything massive for display like the Emperor Throne I made for CIII. But for CV there might be something large. Local events I will build, across country I will not.

Things have been good with me. Been working with a few small companies, helped Master Replicas last year.
Starting a small website for a friend who makes custom display cases, www.sgcases.net
On what little free time I have been creating things. I did build two vacuform tables and working on a third. You need different sizes for different items. I am getting good at making these things and using them.
Otherwise things have been about the same in my life.

I just found out about this yesterday thru Darth Clayton, myself and Admiral Vaughn want in if possible.

And if so put us down for a couple shirts (1) Medium and (1) XXXL :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(UFP-1701 @ Mar 30 2007, 10:02 AM) [snapback]1451711[/snapback]</div>
I am trying to get an idea as to how many props everyone will be bringing and available table space, I want to make sure to bring enough for everyone to enjoy, but I don't want to go over board.
[/b]

Pleae feel free to go over board :D I'll have quite a bit of stuff mostly Trek stuff.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rocketeer25 @ Mar 30 2007, 09:26 PM) [snapback]1452103[/snapback]</div>
Hey, can we update the 1st post with all the pertinent info? Addresses, maps, times, etc?

It makes it easy for guys like me to keep track of. ;)

And did you send any hotel info? I'll have to dig through my PMs...
[/b]

Sent you some hotel info there Rocketeer, i'll also update and post the info in the first post.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boba Binks @ Mar 31 2007, 08:02 AM) [snapback]1452297[/snapback]</div>
It has been awhile since I have been on these boards. This prop party is in my neck of the woods. I will be there to stop in and say hello.

This year for Star Wars Celebration IV I am not creating anything massive for display like the Emperor Throne I made for CIII. But for CV there might be something large. Local events I will build, across country I will not.

Things have been good with me. Been working with a few small companies, helped Master Replicas last year.
Starting a small website for a friend who makes custom display cases, www.sgcases.net
On what little free time I have been creating things. I did build two vacuform tables and working on a third. You need different sizes for different items. I am getting good at making these things and using them.
Otherwise things have been about the same in my life.
[/b]

Good to hear from you Binks. look forward to seeing you again. Check your pm

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boba Frett @ Apr 2 2007, 04:05 PM) [snapback]1453832[/snapback]</div>
I just found out about this yesterday thru Darth Clayton, myself and Admiral Vaughn want in if possible.

And if so put us down for a couple shirts (1) Medium and (1) XXXL :)
[/b]
Got you guys listed also please check your pm boxes as well....

Everyone all updates will be in the first post so check it often...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sector 7G @ Dec 22 2006, 05:53 PM) [snapback]1383142[/snapback]</div>
Here is the list of attendee's so far.

Sector 7g
Fyberdyne Labs
Thermalized Plastics
Wolverine Solo
Sulla
Double T
Jedistine
SgtFang
All Artistries
Asok
GINO (tenative)
Darth Clayton
Juno
centaur
TK412 (tenative)
Creiff (tenative)
Darth Cross
Sporak
Inuyasha
Ham Solo
rocketeer25
Darth Detori
UFP-1701
FHC
Jason1976
jheilman
musictrooper
UssCassiopeia
Capn Rahn
Quag
staticguy
Lord Plagus
Boba Binks
Boba Frett
Admiral Vaughn
[/b]

WOW. That's a lot of prop dudes and dudettes. :eek

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back