Indianapolis Indiana prop party

Sporak told me about this yesterday, I can't believe I didn't see this thread sooner. Anyway's I live over in Columbus, Ohio, so it shouldn't be too bad of a trip for me. If I can find a ride. I'll be there.

If I do make it, this will be my first prop party. What I'll bring will depend on the ride I can get.
My shirt size is a XL.

Jason

Wow, this is cool. Just found this thread. Recently returned to the RPF. I live about 20 minutes away and will definitely be there. Not much to bring, but I look forward to looking and discussing. Is this restricted to RPF members only? I have a couple friends who would also likely attend. Is there an admission cost?

My first real prop was a communicator circa 1975...still have it. :)
And Ham, Roger...I do look forward to meeting you too :)

Bill

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ham Solo @ Mar 6 2007, 07:35 PM) [snapback]1433286[/snapback]</div>
You guys had me baffled there for a bit. My name is Roger and I didn't know how you guys knew my name. :lol

I'm also a Trek fan. The ST TOS communicator and phaser are what got me into this crazy hobby.
[/b]

Ok just got my laptop back about 30 minutes ago, and I've got about a days worth of work re-installing everything from my sbc high speed, to all my illustrator, corel, and other graphics programs. :( i've also lost everything on the old hard drive, I haven't taken it to someone who can extract information yet but the guy who installed my new harddrive told me to break out the bank its not cheap.

Anyway, those just coming on board I'll add you to the list as quickly as possible and drop you a pm. I have to rebuild my excel program, as well as redesign the badges.

As for keeping this to just RPF members It doesn't really matter to me, but I'd like counts and names so that I can keep track of how many people are coming so that we don't go over the room limits (a fire marshall no no) and that I can let the library know.

There is no cost to attend, there is a $5.00 charge to have food and drink in the room but that covers everyone and I've already paid that. I'll supply drinks both coke and pepsi, regular/diet, as well as bottled water, if you want anything above and beyond that (excluding alchol) you need to bring it.

We can collect money for pizza, a friend of mine owns a local pizzaria and will give us a good deal, and do a lunch order. I'll have a menu on hand if pizza isn't your thing, theres hot wings and subs, salads, you get the idea.

I haven't talked much about the t-shirts yet as the deal is still in the works, but I'll have a table of freebee stuff, hopefully enough for everyone, and some pretty great door prizes donated from various RPF members.

Thats all the new info for now, i'll try to get this post stuck to the first page soon.

Cool. I'm sure it's in a previous post, but what time will this begin and end?

I can bring a couple of my new Time Bandits maps if anyone's interested.

Update in post #30 on page 2. and you can set up starting at 9am and breakdown at 5pm (maybe longer if i can sweet talk them into letting us stay longer in the room)

Sounds like fun...it's been a while for me.
I'll bring a thermos of Coffee... ;)

It's a prop too actually...They used one just like it in ST_TNG :)

1004612cccprsxg3.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sporak @ Mar 11 2007, 05:08 AM) [snapback]1437191[/snapback]</div>
Sounds like fun...it's been a while for me.
I'll bring a thermos of Coffee... ;)

It's a prop too actually...They used one just like it in ST_TNG :)

1004612cccprsxg3.jpg

[/b]

You're a wild man.... :p

Thanks for the responses I got to my pm's I'll be sending out one last batch of pm's just to confirm the information that I have on hand and to confirm that you are attending so that I can get the final stuff in but that won't be until the last week of March or the first week of April. And I'll make adjustments to the list on post 30 page to so that others will know the confirmed attendee's.

Thanks again everyone that has shown interest.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sector 7G @ Mar 14 2007, 07:42 PM) [snapback]1440220[/snapback]</div>
Hi Ed,

Got you listed on page 2 post #30 and sent you a pm, the list keeps growing should be a good time :)
[/b]

Thanks, will get a pm back to ya soon:)

In the meantime, I am guessing that this event will be located in the meeting rooms
on the lower level of the library.

Thats correct, I reserved the largest room they had. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MusicTrooper @ Mar 15 2007, 04:16 PM) [snapback]1440845[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sector 7G @ Mar 14 2007, 07:42 PM) [snapback]1440220[/snapback]
Hi Ed,

Got you listed on page 2 post #30 and sent you a pm, the list keeps growing should be a good time :)
[/b]

Thanks, will get a pm back to ya soon:)

In the meantime, I am guessing that this event will be located in the meeting rooms
on the lower level of the library.
[/b][/quote]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(USSCassiopeia @ Mar 16 2007, 08:23 PM) [snapback]1441624[/snapback]</div>
Hi, Mister 7G.

Make that THREE Trek guys - Roger that? Mark me down as coming.

Dave
[/b]
Hi-Yo guys.

Count me as a 4th Trek fan ... as well as FarScape, Galatica, Firefly - heh ... and too many others to mention. Favorites All. :love

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Capn Rahn @ Mar 16 2007, 09:48 PM) [snapback]1441688[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(USSCassiopeia @ Mar 16 2007, 08:23 PM) [snapback]1441624[/snapback]
Hi, Mister 7G.

Dave
[/b]
Hi-Yo guys.

Count me as a 4th Trek fan ... as well as FarScape, Galatica, Firefly - heh ... and too many others to mention. Favorites All. :love
[/b][/quote]

Same here. I don't have the room to fall for another series. :lol I like all the Treks, Star Wars, Buffy/Angel, Firefly/serenity, Farscape, Matrix, Lord of the rings, Babylon 5, Evil Dead, Hellraizer, and far to many more to list as well.

People just keep telling me to pick one, but there all just so much fun. :)

Jason

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(USSCassiopeia @ Mar 16 2007, 03:23 PM) [snapback]1441624[/snapback]</div>
Hi, Mister 7G.

Dave
[/b]

Got you down Dave, and you have a pm...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Capn Rahn @ Mar 16 2007, 04:48 PM) [snapback]1441688[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(USSCassiopeia @ Mar 16 2007, 08:23 PM) [snapback]1441624[/snapback]
Hi, Mister 7G.

Dave
[/b]
Hi-Yo guys.

[/b][/quote]

Capn Rahn, listed you as well and sent you the same pm..
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(USSCassiopeia @ Mar 17 2007, 05:14 PM) [snapback]1442238[/snapback]</div>
Did someone say FIREFLY??? :love

One more question about the festivities there :

Badgerdealin.jpg

[/b]

Trades and sales are allowed, however they have to be kept on the down low. The library doesn't allow an "open market" but I know the lady in charge and she said so long as its kept on a one on one basis and things didn't get out of hand it would be ok.

Add one more to the list. Coming up from southern Indiana. I used to live on the west side of Indy until being banished to a moisture farm down south. It'll be good to see Fyberdyne again - hope your coming Mark.

Quag
TR-7824
Bloodfin Garrison, Indiana

Got you listed Quag, and you have a pm. We now have about 30 members on the list, some are still listed as tenative, and a few people are bringing guest.

In the next couple of weeks I'll be sending out pm's to those on the list to confirm the information that I have on hand and to finalize the numbers so that I can get the library a list as well on final numbers.

I've contacted a few speakers but they have all come back with either busy working on a film, or that its right in the middle of their vacation. Sarge has someone in mind and we are just waiting for something back. Stay tuned...

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back