Iron Man foam build - 1st attempt

Manni

Hi everyone, I'm starting out on my first foam iron man build. Hoping to use the speed build files by JFcustom. I've been doing loads of reading the last few days and had some questions I wanted help with if that's ok

Does anyone building the foam suits harden the cod piece or anything? Just thinking about being able to sit down while I'm out and about

in terms of foam thickness, i'm using 6mm plastazote for the majority of the parts and then 4mm for the thinner parts - I read up and this seemed to be a good thickness to use

The part i'm having the most difficulty with is the scaling. I've followed the guides on here but am still stuck

I'm 5'8" - but I'll be wearing shoe lifts to add three inches lol. Do i need to scale the suit for my height or 5'11"?

My biggest concern is to not end up with a bobble head look so any help in scaling would help.

Also if there are different templates than jfcustoms that people have been using, could you give me a link so I can check them out?

Thanks everyone

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back