Polyester Bondo on epoxy fiberglass?

Toxx

A basic question:

My Fiberglas resin is based on epoxy, will it work to cover it with bondo based on polyester?

Do you sand the epoxy coat before applying the bondo?

yeah, I use it on pep. I do it mostly to get the polygonal edges rounded and of course it helps the adhesion of the filler.

If anything, a light scuffing is enough for it to stick.

yeah, I use it on pep. I do it mostly to get the polygonal edges rounded and of course it helps the adhesion of the filler.

If anything, a light scuffing is enough for it to stick.

Ok, i will see.

Have to wait my epoxy to be cured, need about 24h, but is still a little bit sticky, maybe to much hardener?...

think i should go next time with polyester-resin.

In your videos you are using smooth-on 321, isn't it a PU-Resin?

Ok, i will see.

Have to wait my epoxy to be cured, need about 24h, but is still a little bit sticky, maybe to much hardener?...

think i should go next time with polyester-resin.

In your videos you are using smooth-on 321, isn't it a PU-Resin?

yeah, but I prefer expoxamite laminating Epoxy Resin now adays. I have a video for that as well.

yeah, but I prefer expoxamite laminating Epoxy Resin now adays. I have a video for that as well.

Think you also live in an area with cold climate conditions where it is unconfortable at an "well aerated area" in winter. :love

Do you use a mouse sander or something for your scuff sanding after epoxy?

Epoxy is sometimes used as a primer on materials that can't stand polyester. For instance, many surfboards are made from a styrofoam core with a layer of epoxy and then covered with polyester-resin and fibreglass.

Epoxy is sometimes used as a primer on materials that can't stand polyester. For instance, many surfboards are made from a styrofoam core with a layer of epoxy and then covered with polyester-resin and fibreglass.

Ok, the epoxy looks really Sleek and glazed so is think I will sand it a little bit

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back