Solo "Mystery disc" and Imperial cap metal badge....

Betamin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Someone, a while back, commented about the missing detail on the Solo ANH blaster perhaps being an Imperial cap round metal badge. Anyone ever scale up the round badge to see if it fit the circle on the blaster? It came to mind after Barry at MR graciously showed us new pics of the upcoming ANH blaster, and I thought I'd bring it up. We'll never know what actually went there, but does anyone else remember that coming up a while back?

Not a big deal, just something that popped in my head. It's been a slow night. :p

<div class='quotetop'>(Betamin @ Nov 12 2006, 08:08 AM) [snapback]1355857[/snapback]</div>
Someone, a while back, commented about the missing detail on the Solo ANH blaster perhaps being an Imperial cap round metal badge. Anyone ever scale up the round badge to see if it fit the circle on the blaster? It came to mind after Barry at MR graciously showed us new pics of the upcoming ANH blaster, and I thought I'd bring it up. We'll never know what actually went there, but does anyone else remember that coming up a while back?

Not a big deal, just something that popped in my head. It's been a slow night. :p
[/b]

The disc on the Merr Sonn scales to .85" (should be same size on Greedo's gun too)
I know obi1kenny found the disc on the Imperial hats and belts to be .95"
So it seems likely there are 2 different sizes of disc.

The silver circle on the original MR Han ANH blaster measures about .85" so the Imperial disc theory makes sense. I personally think that's what was there especially since the Merr Sonn has one glued in the exact same spot and those guns are so similar.

Thanks for the info, lonepigeon. :) Know where I can find one of the badges? I think I'd like to have one to try (not permanently) to affix to my Solo blaster for a different display version.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back