Donnie Darko Frank the Bunny - Original Mold

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
To the best of my knowledge, research and expertise, I believe I just scored big. I can't tell you how many things I have hesitated on and missed out on to those who are greater risk-takers than I am. Well, not this time. A few days ago, a mold claiming to the be the original studio mold for Frank the Rabbit came up and when I saw it, I felt confident it was indeed the mold. I bought it without knowing for sure, but feeling pretty confident. The mold came in today and it matches spot for spot and booger for booger with the screen used Frank mask that was previously owned by a fellow RPFer and sold by Profiles a few years ago. The mold is in incredible shape and even has some silver remnants in it from the last casting! I know I will never own one of the originals, so I am pretty thrilled to have picked up this piece as it means I can finally have one of my top 5 props! Anyway, I thought some of you might get a kick out of seeing this!

When I have a copy made for myself, I will post up photos to show you the final piece!

Please don't PM me offering to make castings for me. I already know what I am doing with the mold in that regard. Not trying to be ugly, but I already have that ball rolling.

Makes a change from Fett stuff!
(I know you like horror stuff too!)

Looks like a great find! Well done! :thumbsup

Rich

One of my favourite movies, congrats on the great score Art :thumbsup. Can't wait to see the final painted version.

25974082.jpg

WOW! This is definitely a holy grail for me (The mask, not the mold) so glad to see the original mold in such good hands.

Congrats on the acquisition!

-Nick

Awesome score!! :eek

Such a nice condition mold for the original too, I didn't realize the inside of the mask had that kind of detail.

So cool! :love

-Carson

YES! Dude it's awesome you scored this. One of the creepiest characters out there. I was recently introduced to James Duval by a mutual actor friend. Really nice down to earth guy.
Can't wait to see the casting.

mike

Mind you he woke up the next morning and told me he saw it on ebay the night before and was worried it wouldn't still be there. I'm like, go buy it...NOW! Glad he listened ;) It is really a super cool piece and love that there is all the silver remnants left in the mold. I got to touch it, heeheehee!

What a score on Ebay . Thats an iconic piece man nice . I would make a mold of that mold to be safe! lol . If you go live with it add me on that list. I would have snatched it in a second if I had seen that . Talk about the gift that keeps on giving. GREAT investment wow

Right AFTER I purchased it, someone cast a bit of doubt as to whether this was the original mold or a mold of a replica and I have to admit, I panicked for a moment. Now that I have the mold in hand, it is nice to do comparisons like this to the original screen used piece and see extremely subtle details, right down to the two air bubbles, being in both the screen used piece and my mold.

The Darth Vader C-scar has nothing on this!

Just looking at that mold says it all.
You hit the lottery if you think about it . Stuff that cherry is just so hard to find I am jealous !
walking on sunshine :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back