WET MOLDING LEATHER Method

CaptainMarvel

Hey All:

I was doing some research on various ways to make arm band gauntlets when I ran across the method of
WET MOLDING LEATHER

Not sure how many of you already know about this craft style - though I did find THIS OLDER THREAD - but it occurred to me that it might be a cool alternative way to create some very cool costume parts - depending on what might be needed, of course.

Here are a couple of videos I found on the subject . .

Leather Mask Making Intro - YouTube (first in a series of 4)

Tiger Torre Art on HGTV - YouTube

Making a leather mask - YouTube

Leather Mask Tutorial - YouTube

Leather Moulding --Part 1_Leather Manufacturing Techniques (Video) - YouTube

Just thought I'd start a resource/info discussion on the topic - in case anyone might be interested in employing this method for a particular project. :)

TOM

Last edited:
In addition to the arm-band gauntlets I'm preparing to make - possibly a set using this wet mold leather method - I can't help but also wonder if this method would work to create a replica DAREDEVIL full head mask . . .

mov_masks.jpg

82L.jpg

527L.jpg

521L.jpg

Whether you liked the movie or - as I know many do - hated the movie ...
you've got to admit that the Daredevil outfit itself is pretty badass !!!

So, what do you think?

Re: Wet Molding Leather

It is very easy to do just got to make sure you get the leather damp but not soaking wet. It is my preferred method for making custom gun holsters.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back