A Nike Mag scratchbuild

AlexBC

Sr Member
Thought it was time I had my own thread.

First off, I would not be making these if not for guys like Jedifyfe, Cloneprops, Cavx, airair, Pitbull, Punisher and more.

Here's my clear sole custom. Future attempts will be much better.

DSC_0285.jpg

And here's the heel cup with textured surface. The splat is as close as I can get it right now to the 2011/1989 Mags. The 89 has more long streaks than the 2011 which has more whispy splats. Mine is a bit of a mix of the two.

DSC_0295.jpg

Here's my attempt at the ankle bubble using my older heel cup. It's different than the actual Mag because the opening on the MP is about an inch closer to thr edge. I think it looks lime a pretty clean fit.

IMG_2012-08-22191916465.jpg

More updates coming including textured midsoles with clear outsoles.

I'm happy to know I helped give motivation! Your soles look amazing! Would you mind sharing how you achieved the splatter? I like how its a mix both,I wouldn't mind having mine just like yours!

Cheers.

For the splatter you'll need a strip of plastic (like from a soda bottle) cut into a four by one inch strip. Simply cut some V shaped notches in the end then dip n flick. Pull back hard for long streaks and gently for the wisps like the 2011.

dang those look really nice.....I wish I could get a pair that my feet would fit in with out ripping a part a whole shoe

I love this alex :thumbsup great job on those clear soles WOW!! The back heel cup is awesome too.Can't wait to see more :love

Thanks for the compliments guys.

I like the sole but i'm going further with it. Yeah, it looks pretty and all, but I think can do much better.

I decided to try my hand at making molds for this project. I'm now researching what I need to do to make make my own custom mid-soles, out-soles and heel cups.

cooooool, i've been searching for a clear sole replacement..... good work!
Feel free to share instructions with the rest of us so we can try..
:)

I wish Alexbc would post more often. As I understand this, he has heated metal to create the indents in the clear rubber. This is not casting which requires special tools (Vac Chamber etc).

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back