Captain America - The Avengers - costume

Ildegard

I started this project about 4 months ago, but I was not sure of being able to complete it by the end of October, so I have not posted this thread so far ...

those are my progress until now:

Jacket: 100% :lol
Gauntlet: 100% :lol
Boots: 100% :lol
Belt: 100% :lol
Chest star: 100% :lol
Shoulder grade: 100%:lol
Belt Buckle: 100% :lol
Shield: 100% :lol
Helmet: 100% :lol
Trausers: 100% :lol

this evening i'll publish the photo of the work.

Last edited:
This stuff looks great... I find it a little funny that your getting all this outside help when your talented enough to make some of the harder costume pieces on your own? what is your plan for the shield? Can you just not find one cause I got mine on Ebay for 200$ and you won't find anything more accurate than the aluminum.

This stuff looks great... I find it a little funny that your getting all this outside help when your talented enough to make some of the harder costume pieces on your own? what is your plan for the shield? Can you just not find one cause I got mine on Ebay for 200$ and you won't find anything more accurate than the aluminum.

you are almost right; i started with the idea to buy all the parts of the costume, becouse i have not too much time to make them by my own and i bought the helmet; in june and july i try to find the other metal parts, but no one made them until now, so i had to make them.

I found the alluminium shield on e-bay, but i would like the one with the star engraved, and not glued upon it, so i found a guy that sayd me he could made the movie-like shield (he work in a special effect factory); but is a month i'm pressing him to start work on the shield, but with no result... probably i'll have to change way... i have to find it ABSOLUTLY before halloween... What was the shield you are talking about?

work is goig on... i'll wait to cast the buckle to paint all of them... i found a metal paint that is awesome; it gives the resins the rough effect of the center of the star..

This is pretty much what I got but I think mine was from a different seller, they look fantastic painted up. As for the star engraved in the aluminum shield go to Chris Fields he's the only one that makes those I beleive and has suplied numerous shields on this forum.

i saw that, and you are right, painted look fantastic. any other material, will not render as good as that...

i'll use it as emergency door if i'll not find anyone able to build it as i like (with a reasonable price :darnkids)...

down here are the resin's pieces painted; from real the rough effect looks perfect, but i think they are a little dark; i have to think how o ligher up a bit...

saturday i have been to the shoes factory to try the boot and gloves prototypes; at first, when i saw the boots i feel my blood freeze; they were awfull...

they tell me this was only a prototype for measures and cut; not material, color, paddings etc... we made the corrections and tryed the gauntlet for the shape (they haven't a modelist for gauntlet, so they have to try them step to step)

ok. i just put on the trausers to check how they work... PANIC! the measures are ok and the cut are perfect, BUT the fabric is completly wrong! :cry when i bought it the texture seems perfect to me, but now that it has the shape of the trausers it seems i'm wearing a bathrobe; too soft and a little hairy! anyone know a good fabric to use :confused

GAH! No good mate! I'm not sure what my fabric will look like once it's actually made into clothing, but it looks decent in a big pile lol. I bought what was tagged a 'scuba knit' it's a heavy stretch fabric. There's pics of it in my build thread in my signature. Not sure if it's what you're looking for, or if it's available up your way, but it's worth a look.

thanks mate, your fabric looks good though is not too much textured; it has a great advantage, it's glossy
I opted for texturied/matte rather than plain/glossy, but it was the wrong choise :facepalm it is alwais better glossy!

tomorrow, more wise, i'll go to the fabrics stock. i'll serch for the scuba knit, but i'm not sure if i can find it :confused .

if someone else has some other advice it will be great

sorry for this days of silence; i contacted a plaster modeler and seems he can make a good replica of the shield in a particular resin mixed with carbon fiber, that make it very resistant. he will put in the resins the metal plates to the straps of the shield;

boots and gloves are in production, i'll see the progress saturday.

while waiting them i paint again the helmet (becouse i changed the color of the fabric) and scrap, plaster and finally paint the chest star, belt bucle and Shoulder degrees.

to do so i forced to learn to paint with the gun for painting (i don't know what is the exact word), and the result is not bad at all..

last thing, i have the prototype of the pants; the lighter color isn't the real one; the final fabric will be a bit more dark, but the cut are right...

View attachment 114179 View attachment 114180

captain-america-avengers-chest-star-belt-buckle-dscn5391a.jpg-114000d1348067113
captain-america-avengers-chest-star-belt-buckle-dscn5392a.jpg-114001d1348067113
captain-america-avengers-chest-star-belt-buckle-dscn5393a.jpg-114002d1348067113

today I was the sculptor of plaster to see the proportions of the shield and bring him the metal plates of the handle ... I could do it myself, since the shield is relatively easy to dobut I had not the lathe and I did not want to build it or buy it just for the shield ... the work he has done, however, is very good and on Wednesday said it will give me the shield only to be painted resin and put the handle .. seems extremely resistant ...

I am very curious how your gauntlets will turn out. I have been looking for a good set of Cap Avengers gauntlets for....well, not terribly long. But I've been looking. Also, very interested in one of your chest stars. Can I ask you, do you plan to sew it in, or are you going to attach it to the chest some other way? But great work so far.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back