My table from Fanexpo 2012

EvilGenius

Hey all haven't posted here in a dog's age... So i figured I'd crawl out from under my rock and say what's up!

Anyway I had a small table at fanexpo in toronto this year so I thought I'd share it with those who weren't there... keep in mind none of these are replica's they are my own designs... and the flash mask was the first pull (which I finished two hours before loading into the show:facepalm) so I'm still adjusting color etc...

I will be adding better pics of everything soon
CHeers

Jeff

Last edited:
Well it's not nearly as smooth as I would like... I'm used to sculpting in Klean Klay (i know I know... but I could work that Shizzle like no one's business... all of my cowls were done in it)... I'm using NSP soft now and I hate it!! I'm having major density variances so raking it sucks, but I've come this far so I'm finishing it and then moving on to a different clay.

Basically I use a combination of rubbing alcohol and Naptha (with a scrub pad)... then Skin so soft on a makeup sponge... However I will be doing waste molds of everything so I can sand the crap out of them and add mesh material to the vent holes.

Hope that helps.

J

My fan expo 2012 toronto table

Hey all haven't posted here in a dog's age... So i figured I'd crawl out from under my rock and say what's up!

Anyway I had a small table at fanexpo in toronto this year so I thought I'd share it with those who weren't there... keep in mind none of these are replica's they are my own designs... and the flash mask was the first pull (which I finished two hours before loading into the show) :facepalm so I'm still adjusting color etc...

I will be adding better pics of everything soon
CHeers

J.

P.s. I'm also adding WIP of the flash armour I'm sculpting (shoulders and legs still to come)

my-table-fanexpo-2012-all_three.jpg-110542d1346286513

my-table-fanexpo-2012-all_three2.jpg-110553d1346288961

my-table-fanexpo-2012-flash_1.jpg-110543d1346286678

my-table-fanexpo-2012-batgirl_1.jpg-110544d1346286728

my-table-fanexpo-2012-armor_fr2.jpg-110545d1346287472

my-table-fanexpo-2012-armor_fr.jpg-110547d1346287472

my-table-fanexpo-2012-armor3_4.jpg-110548d1346287472

my-table-fanexpo-2012-armor_bk.jpg-110546d1346287472

Re: My fan expo 2012 toronto table

Great looking stuff. :thumbsup You ever come to any shows in Los Angeles /Burbank , California. Son Of Monsterpalooza is in October.

@ Endo Hunter... this was my first con/show so no I haven't done anything states side yet... I really have just gotten back into doing stuff as of late so I want to have a bigger line-up of stuff before I start traveling too much.

@ Orange Blend... thanks so much... I'm always wowed when I lurk around the RPF ;)

@Valdera... not sure :confused

Glad to see you put these on here after all! I was the guy in the Stargate costume that stopped to marvel at your work on Sunday.

Reynolds advanced materials. has the reworked formula for the now out of production Kleen Klay. i just got a few ponds of it. seems like the old kleen klay but i havent sculpted anything big yet.

I remember you. My daughter and I stopped by to look at your cowls and talk to you for a little bit. The cowls are amazing. Really liked what you did with the Batman cowl. Your work is very impressive.

Love the flash Cowl....is that based off of dc universe game?......any other pics of the flash ?

weren't many hero prop booths when I went but it's really cool to see this. Wish I saw this on sunday, as there were a couple of "recaster" booths there. Pretty annoyed by that

also, I feel you on the Klean Klay, it's not the greatest but it's the only one I can work with.
I learned to like it.

I sculpt no where near as good as this though.

Amazing work! I have a question though, how do you get everything so smooth? I just started sculpting with Chavant clay and i can get my piece to be kind of smooth using the different scrapers but how do you get everything to look so polished? I feel like im missing something thanks for any help you get give.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back