My As-Inspired-By Obi-Wan Saber

Usagi Pilgrim

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I finally took the time to learn how to post images, so I figured I'd try to show my saber build.

I kind of wanted to go with the idea that a Padawan made their first saber as an homage to their Master's saber. I thought this one would serve as a way to honor Obi-Wan. That's the "in-universe" story. The truth is I wanted to make one without being loaded down with SA issues:).

The parts came from a saber I got from a member here that had been heavily modified. He didn't know who had made the various parts, but the pommel he said was from a junked Luke saber.

The emitter had been shaved down & the grenade had the last 2 rows of ridges ground off.

Lastly, there was just a steel spacer wrapped in a piece of sink tube for a "clamp".

My mods were as follows-

I E-6000ed all of the loose parts on the wind vane & emitter. I cut a new threaded rod to accommodate a full size grenade. I found the grenade in the JY. It's made from delrin & I love the way it looks & feels. I drilled a wider hole in the front & shaved the wind vane disc down to fit inside, since the end of the grenade was flat.

For the clamp, I just grabbed some PVC & cut it to match the length of an FX Anakin EP III clamp sleeve. I wrapped the PVC with chrome tape so it'd fit snug inside the tube. I've decided not to add an activation box, so I need to decide how to finish this part. The activation box never made sense to me from a fighting stand point. I believe the fact that the prequel designs didn't have any bears this out. My idea is to use some decorative tacks or brads in the holes to secure the sleeve & maybe use a transparent piece of green plastic from a soda bottle to lay in the recess for a "button".

Nothing was done to the booster, but the most cutting was on the pommel. I cut about 1/2 inch from the top to shorten the profile, but that meant I had to drill & tap a new hole for the new threaded rod.

Overall I'm really proud of the build. My thanks to the original owners of the parts for giving them up, & a BIG thanks to the maker of the delrin grenade. Not sure of the rules for posting JY threads in the regular forum, so I won't here, but it shouldn't be hard to find.

All comments/criticisms/ideas are MORE than welcome!

--D

Last edited:
Ok...I hope I fixed it, but they were showing up for me the whole time. They were just HUGE. If they're not fixed, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me know.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back