Master Replicas TOS phaser electronics issues

Cytherian

I have an MR TOS phaser that is in terrific cosmetic condition, except that the electronics on the P2 no longer work. The P1 is fine, though. I remember seeing reports of issues with the P2 electronics in the past, but have long forgotten about the details I'd seen. And I haven't yet been able to locate any past postings about solutions for electronics issues on the P2.

Is there a useful topic or two that addressed issues with the P2 electronics somewhere deep in TheRPF or elsewhere? I wonder if there's a common fault that they typically suffer from and if it's possible to fix without too much trouble. I've also previous read about people replacing the electronics in the P2, but again I can't find details any longer. Does anyone sell a reasonably priced kit? I guess one could cannibalize an AA/DST phaser, but that would mean gutting the P1 electronics too, I imagine.

Thanks for any help. :)

Last edited:
The AA/DST electronics are too big to fit inside the Master Replicas phaser. It looks like this happens a lot with the Master Replicas p2 electronics. I do not know what is wrong with mine either. :confused

First thing is to check the little button/switch that the P1 presses down to turn on the P2 electronics when sitting in the cradle. On mine the P1 suddenly didn't press the button far enough down making me think it was broken. I just put a little strip of sticky felt on the button and it was working fine again. Not saying this is your problem but worth a shot.

Other than that it is pretty easy to open up to take a look inside. I had to do that, too, when the P2 LED unglued it self from the emitter tip.

IMG_1024.jpg

Great tip! I had the same problem with my P2 today and sure enough, a touch of felt fixed the problem.

This just worked for me too, thanks so much for GREAT the tip!!!!

First thing is to check the little button/switch that the P1 presses down to turn on the P2 electronics when sitting in the cradle. On mine the P1 suddenly didn't press the button far enough down making me think it was broken. I just put a little strip of sticky felt on the button and it was working fine again. Not saying this is your problem but worth a shot.

Other than that it is pretty easy to open up to take a look inside. I had to do that, too, when the P2 LED unglued it self from the emitter tip.

IMG_1024.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back