Dublin, Ireland Comic Con 2013

i'll be working on my F302 for awhile hopefully finished by august
how long before the comiccon should i book a room?

The Guys organising this Con are working on deals with local hotels for Cheaper Rooms, so sit tight for a while longer until confirmation on this comes forward

If you could bring the Street Judge that would be amazing to see! But sure if ya can't its still great to have more RPF'ers there.

In terms of hotels, hold off another month or so as there are alot of hotels (budget and higher standard ones) in the area and we are approaching them all (some are very slow to reply) about the best prices we can get but for ball park the Premier Inn are offering 55E a night for people who mention the con.

Hopefully I can get better for people

If i can make i bring my just aquired general landry screen used costume :-D ( first real screen used costume ) in my collection:-D gf isn't enthousiastic about me going to Dublin :-(

Hopefully we can see you there Stargatefan....just remind her of all the lovely places you will bring her here other than the Con :) So far we have con goers coming over from the UK, Spain, Belgium, America and even Australia! We are going to try our best to make sure this will be a con that people don't forget!

Thanks Simon for posting the link again! We are making some great progress. We hope to have the web page (Dublin Comic Con, August 10th & 11th 2013) up by the end of the month/start of next month.

We have announced our first Comic guest today, Charlie Adlard of ''The Walking Dead''.

We have some other great guests in all areas to announce in time :)

Another update, we have launched our website (still a WIP) but it can be fond at Dublin Comic Con 2013 and announced our second guest who is none other than.....

Shannon John Shea of Stan Winston School of Character Arts/Stan Winston Studios!

Also for those who will be traveling over I have a list of hotels being complied with prices. I am still waiting to hear back from a few but here is what I have so far, I have not posted them on the main website yet, will do so over the next couple of days and I will try get a google map with locations of each hotel and the venue.

Premier Inn Dublin Airport (closest to the venue)
For the August weekend they will offer 55E per day (normally 75E) with a limited availability of rooms for the 9th/10th/11th . You have to mention Dublin Comic Con when booking a room here to avail of the rate.

Bewleys Dublin Airport (a 5-7 minute drive from the event and 5 minutes from my house if anyone is stuck for directions when here) first come first served for the first 50 bookings at this rate
€65 Room Only ( sleeps up to 3 adults)
€75 Bed and Breakfast single occupancy
€85 Bed and Breakfast double occupancy
€95 Bed and Breakfast triple occupancy

Hilton Hotel Dublin Airport (again about 5-7 minute drive..just down the road from Bewleys). They have offered this deal but we still have to confirm with them but this is the price they are offering.
€85 B&B Single
€95 B&B Double

We are still waiting to hear from the Travel Lodge, Holiday Inn Express, Crowne Plaza, Clarion hotel and Radisson Blu.

We are delighted to announce our third guest who is none other than Brian Muir!

I don't think that I need to even give him an introduction here of all places but you can check out more information here, Dublin Comic Con 2013 , if you want. We will still have more guests to announce over time (we dont want to give it all away at once)

A question as well for everyone. Is there anything you would like to see at the convention such as a display or event? We are open to new ideas and trying to make it the best for everyone and don't hesitate to ask if you are coming over and I can be of help in arranging anything.

Sorry guys got to pull out of this one. My better half will be giving birth around that time and I cant risk being out of the country! Hopefully next time... im being neutered :)

Congrats man! Too bad but you can't make it but you have a great reason not too and sure there is always next year!

Ok I might be up for this. I live in Germany. I will probably be flying my butt can't handle that long on the Harley lol or.my girls lol looking forward. Is there any benefits for RPF members? And are there prices yet

Sent from the Garage!

Ok I've just found this and must say congrats to the guys who are organising this!

As an Irish RPF member I'm very proud to see something like this being done on Irish soil.

I wish you the very best of luck and know it will be a success!

Thanks for the bump Simon. Sorry I have not been updating the thread too much, things have been very busy.

We are really looking forward to having more RPF members over for our event and of course we will have some RPF member benefits! (we just have to figure out how to make the experience even better for RPF members)

There is no set ticket price yet until we put them for sale, hoping to do so in a month or so but the tickets will not be expensive at all, around the 10E mark for a day pass. We have had ticket inquiries from the US, UK, Germany, Belgium, Spain, Lithuania and even Australia!

Onto con related news;

Like our page :p https://www.facebook.com/comiccondublin but seriously..

The great guys over at Prop Store have kindly offered to donate a piece for our charity auction. They just keep proving how amazing they are!

We are also welcoming on board Cineworld Cinemas as an official sponsor of Dublin Comic Con!

We are waiting to confirm more hotel details 100% but so far we have Premier Inn and Bewleys hotels offering special rates. You can view the rates here
Dublin Comic Con 2013

And we have a few nice surprises over the next month or so too!

Great to hear lads! We hope to make this the best Con in Ireland that we can. We have a few surprises coming up too...so keep checking back on FB!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back