Dublin, Ireland Comic Con 2013

Supa troop

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
i 100% quarantee that this is an event not to be missed

Not only is this event being held in one of the best cities in the world but the event itself is going to be huge.

Irish RPF members are pushing the Comic Con so it is only right that we should help and back them as best we can.

I for one am so pleased that this is going to happen, we have had 2 Fantastic UK events so making the transition to Ireland where there are some very talented Prop Builders makes total sense, couple that with the RPF European meet up 2013 has the potential to be an awesome year for RPF'ers in europe

Please support the Irish guys buy clicking their Face Book page and as always i will endeavour to update this thread too

Dublin Comic Con | Facebook

Bumping this back to the Top .............

The RPF has had an official Invite to this and i really think its something that should be considered seriously ............. logistically perhaps not practical to take larger scaled props but something we should discuss ............ maybe Van sharing etc etc

Thanks for the bump of the thread Simon. If there is anything myself or the other lads can do to help with the logistics of things (be it arranging the best prices for hotels through people we know or helping out with transport when people arrive then don't hesitate to let us know)

Personally I can't begin to thank Simon for the initial post and I hope we can make this a yearly event that everyone can enjoy and we can help Simon continue to bring the RPF out there to showcase all the talent.

Here is the facebook page until we get our website up and running. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dublin-Comic-Con/298328063554103?ref=hl

Thanks for the UPDATE Karl,

Help with Hotel Information would be a great start for us all UK side, Travel wise im sure members local to one another could easily Van Share .....

Come on Guys we can do this lets take the RPF on the Road even if its just one Item each and a couple of RPF banners

Looking forward to having you Angel and Iron Man there :)

I will gather a list of hotels in the vicinity of the con hall and a couple in the city center aswell so people can get an idea of price and hopefully soon enough we will have deals worked out with one or two of the hotels to provide special prices in return for them being the 'con' hotel (so it at least makes things cheaper for those traveling)

Hello!!! My name is Erika and I will follow all of you because I want to give as a present to my boyfriend the tickets of the Comic Con in Dublin and if you don´t mind I would appreciate all your help. I´m from Barcelona and I don´t know anything about it...
It could be possible you will tell me when do you expect that the tickets will be sell on line? Thank you very much and keep in contact!
BR

Hello!!! My name is Erika and I will follow all of you because I want to give as a present to my boyfriend the tickets of the Comic Con in Dublin and if you don´t mind I would appreciate all your help. I´m from Barcelona and I don´t know anything about it...
It could be possible you will tell me when do you expect that the tickets will be sell on line? Thank you very much and keep in contact!
BR

I am certain (i hope Karl doesnt mind me saying this) but as you are coming all the way from the Wonderful city of Barcelona you can be VIP guests of the RPF .......... keep checking back here for details

I don't mind at all Simon, yourself and the RPF are a big part of DCC. Keep checking back here Erika (and also as per our emails, as soon as any updates happen I will contact you and let you know).

We are delighted to hear that you are thinking of coming over and anything else we can help with just ask.

Hiiii to evrybodyy!! It would be a pleasure to be avip membeeer!! It's greattt!! I will keep in contact with you here and by e-mail!! Thak you very muvh!! You are great!!

Come on Guys lets get the RPF buzzing for a Trip across the green sea to Ireland.

the alure of Dublin should be enough to make you want to do this :lol

seriously though Guys lets try and give the Guys our Support

I will be taking a Life Size 3P0 mannequin and the Maul Pred ........... anyone else ????

For any of you thinking about making the trip, Dublin is a beautiful city to visit. If I could afford to I would be back to Ireland every chance I got. If your thinking about it you won't be sorry for going!!!

Thanks Simon and Allfate! :)

Ohh excellent...3PO and another Pred for the mix (Thanks again Simon), you can never have enough Preds! After all we are Predators Ireland aswell, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Predators-Ireland/254001044611362, so if you will love it!

We are making head way with guests but won't be announcing anything solid until the new year and we have spoken to several hotels in the vicinity who are willing to set aside rooms at a reduced rate (some have given us rates and others we are waiting to hear back from) for Con goers (we know its expensive to go to cons when staying in hotels so we will try get the best deals for people that we can). Once we have replies from the last hotels we will post up a link with the details in the new year so people can see if its feasible for them to attend.

The venue itself is located close to Dublin Airport and about 20/25 mins from the Docks (depending on traffic that is)

I am hoping to make this one be a damn good excuse to visit Dublin, anyone up for van sharing?

Last edited:
OK so ive taken the liberty of looking at ferry prices from

Hollyhead to Dublin with a vehicle (we are taking the VW Transporter) and leaving Friday at 5.30pm travelling home Monday 2.30pm on the fast stenner line is £332

you can get that cheaper by travelling Saturday moring and leaving Sunday PM or by taking the longer Travelling time Ferry

Well i certainly don't see why not there is plenty of time to arrange around my real world stuff so put me down as definite pending a van share.
Dublin needs Picard and Whatever else i have to showcase by then:)

Come on Guys lets get the RPF buzzing for a Trip across the green sea to Ireland.

the alure of Dublin should be enough to make you want to do this :lol

seriously though Guys lets try and give the Guys our Support

I will be taking a Life Size 3P0 mannequin and the Maul Pred ........... anyone else ????
looks like the terminator is going on a road trip then

Great to hear lads! Really looking forward to having a big RPF presence here for it!

If there is anything we can do to help don't hesitate to let us know (even if its just meeting everyone at the docks/airport and bringing them to the hotels/con)

We are waiting to hear back from a few hotels with better prices for con goers (theres lots in the vicinity of the con) but the Premier Inn has come back with 55E a night for the weekend the event is on but we will see what other prices we can get for people too.

looks like the terminator is going on a road trip then

Good on you Mark, Just the T100 which is on loan to you by the way :lol is a show stopper just on its own ......... seriously though i really hope you can make this it would be great to have you there

Come on Guys this event will be awesome, the UK RPF on the road

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back